Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essayist born 1785 maid marian

Essayist born 1785 maid marian

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Essayist born 1785 wrote maid marian - Total Health Magazine

Essayist born 1785 maid marian

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Essayist born 1785 who wrote maid marian College paper Service

BHS scandal: Dominic Chappell denies 'threatening to kill' chief executive. B HS was “held to ransom” by Sir Philip Green and the Pensions Regulator, Dominic Chappell, the former owner claimed, as he battled to deflect attention from essayist marian, his role in the demise of the 88-year-old retailer. In a lengthy and explosive session in front of a joint House of Commons select committee, the why did england industrialize first, Retail Acquisitions frontman alleged the Topshop tycoon “genuinely believing we would fail and sold it to us anyway”. Essayist Born 1785. Mr Chappell, who was earlier criticised by BHS’s management as being a “Premier League liar” and having “his fingers in resume cover letter for entry medical assistant the till”, roundly blamed Sir Philip for reneging on verbal agreements’; calling in a ?35m loan; blocking a rescue deal and said BHS was treated as a “ping pong ball” between the essayist 1785 marian, billionaire retailer and The Pensions Regulator (TPR). Frank Field, chair of Work and Pensions select committee, remarked to Mr Chappell: “Sir Philip Green is like Banquo’s ghost in all this, he was always there - you couldn’t shake him off”. Letter. I t also emerged that Sir Philip had agreed an 1785 marian ?8.5m “dowry” alongside the sale of BHS, which was meant to why did england industrialize first, come from the essayist 1785 maid marian, proceeds of the retailer’s headquarters, Marylebone House.

However, after an eleventh hour change of heart which has left Sir Philip’s family still owning the building, Sir Philip said he would still provide ?10m in compensation to Retail Acquisitions to help fund BHS’s working capital requirements. ?3.5m of this came from Sir Philip’s wife Tina. Mr Chappell, who told MPs he had informed Arcadia of his bankruptcies before the sale of BHS, said that Sir Philip, as a secured creditor, had called in a ?35m loan in the last week of BHS, despite trying to work on a rescue deal with Sports Direct’s Mike Ashley which had toppled the writing london, business. T he former racing driver said that he had offered Mr Ashley his shares and born 1785 maid marian, asked the creative bachelor's degree london, sportswear boss to essayist maid marian, “help us”. A spokesman for Sir Philip said that Mr Chappell had been talking “nonsense” and said Arcadia only issued a winding up proceedings after BHS had said a week earlier that it was planning to appoint administrators and the decision was taken to writing bachelor's degree london, call in the loan to protect BHS staff wages amid fears the retailer was trading despite being insolvent. However, Mr Chappell had said that Sir Philip went “absolutely insane” about a potential rescue deal with Mike Ashley and born maid marian, “railroaded the deal”. Essay Indented. The Retail Acquisitions frontman said that the biggest hurdle for BHS’s survival was always its pension deficit and essayist born 1785, the proceedings that were being issued against the business by quotes, the Pensions Regulator which meant they ended up with a “nightmare of compliance and diligence”, as well as needing to marian, make rising payments to the pensions deficit. Cover. E arlier evidence acknowledged that Sir Philip had always acknowledged he and his Arcadia empire were “part of the essayist maid marian, solution” to BHS’s pension deficit, but no agreement could be reached between his “moral hazard” as the regulator refused to give a number which would resolve the issue. Letter. “It was like lighting the touchpaper”, said Mr Chappell.

He went from zero to incredibly angry the moment you mentioned it because it was out of his control”. Mr Chappell said that if the 1785 maid marian, company had been able to resolve the pension issue or had some way of parking out the business could have been saved and why did england industrialize, he had turned to born maid marian, the Pensions Minister Ros Altmann for help, but she cancelled every meeting with Mr Chappell due to industrialize first, a “conflict of interest”. M ichael Hitchcock, who acted as BHS CFO, said there were a number of 1785 maid marian “credible solutions” to BHS’s pensions deficit, and said the pensions regulator and the PPF must shoulder some of the blame for none of quotes them coming to fruition. Mr Hitchcock labelled the pensions regulator “cumbersome” and born 1785 marian, said it is not fit for the “modern commercial role”. He also accused Mr Chappell of complicating the situation, by bringing numerous advisers and others to meetings. “Some of these meetings, it was just like a tea party. With so many people in the room, you were never going to find a solution. it was like a Mexican stand-off.” Mr Hitchock delivered a series of blows on Mr Chappell and a good cover letter, said that he was “not intelligent enough” to predict losing the cost of the company’s pension liabilities. Read on for all of today's BHS news as it unfolded: D arren Topp, BHS chief exec: So I got a call from my head of treasury, Harry, to say ?1.5m had been removed via a manual transfer to BHS Sweden. Essayist Born 1785 Marian. My initial reaction was to, if I'm honest, call the police, because I was not aware of writing resume this transaction.

I rang Dominic and born maid, he knew about it straight away. I said to conclusion, him: 'that's theft'. Maid Marian. If I take out all the expletives he basically said : 'Do not kick off about why did england industrialize essay, this, Darren. I have had enough of born maid you telling me what to do over bachelor's london the last few months. It's my business, I can do what I want. And if you kick off about it I am going to born 1785 maid marian, come down there and kill you.' Then he threatened to kill me again and I know it sounds silly but apparently, he says he was in the helicopter squad of the SAS. Writing A Good Cover Letter. I know he's got a gun, there was a little bit of me that thought. Essayist Maid Marian. I said to him: 'If you threaten that again, Dominic, and I will call the police.' Mr Chappell has denied this. I t should be reiterated at conclusion this stage that Chappell has said the essayist marian, allegation that he threatened to writing letter, kill Mr Topp (and owns a gun) is absolute rubbish.

Surprisingly, he was not pressed on that by the MPs during his marathon questioning session, but luckily the Telegraph's Ashley Armstrong was there to follow up on one of the most explosive moments of a breathless day. Chappell on sidelines : Absolute rubbish I did not threaten To kill him (BHS boss) or have a gun Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Still getting visions of ex-SAS Dominic Chappell throwing a smoke grenade into a BHS board meeting and commando-rolling into the room #bhs. When it came to hard truths, Dominic Chappell only 1785 marian had one answer: #IWillSendYouTheSpreadsheet. #BHS #11000jobs. The moment Chappell was asked how much money he had individually made from BHS. L et's relive the moment when Iain Wright MP asked how much profit Mr Chappell had made from BHS.

Wright: How much did you take out of the essay, business? Chappell: I will give you a full breakdown of that on a spreadsheet. I am not going to go line item by essayist born marian, line item but I will give you a full breakdown. Wright: But give us a flavour. Chappell: No. I won't. I will give you a full breakdown of that as soon as practically possible. Wright: And when will that be?

Chappell: As soon as practically possible. Chappell: If it is practical this week, I will do it this week. Wright: Is it fair to say that you have made a profit out of this? Chappell: Uhhhh. yes it is. #34;Sir Philip should bail out essay indented pension fund#34; The people who have suffered are the hard-working people who have worked for BHS, some for many years, McMillan said. There is somebody in the Edinburgh store who has worked there for essayist born 1785 maid marian 44 years - that's half the for entry level medical, life of the company.

That person is essayist born maid marian going to lose their job and their pension is industrialize going to be adversely affected. S he said her campaign is born 1785 marian calling on Sir Philip to repay the money he took out of BHS and essay indented, bail out the pension fund. Essayist Born. #34;Millstone around Sir Philip#39;s neck#34; It is becoming obvious that Philip Green knew exactly what he was doing when he sold the company to Dominic Chappell for a pound, Ms MacMillan said. He wanted rid of it because it was becoming a millstone around his neck with the ?571m hole in indented the pension fund. #34;They are not fit and proper people#34; L in MacMillan, a former BHS employee who leads a campaign in support of its staff and 1785 maid marian, pensioners, said she thought today's events were absolutely appalling. The fact that all these people, who seem to sex education, spend their time trading insults, threatening to kill each other and using foul language, are not fit and proper people to run a big company like BHS, she told the maid, BBC. #34;Scuppering#34; the essay, Sports Direct deal. Philip Green calls in his ?35m. Born Maid. Chappell says this letter an attempt to scupper deal to sell BHS to Pfeffer's Organisational, Sports Direct. pic.twitter.com/MZjmRUx8a2. Born. Letter signed by Arcadia Finance Director and dated April 22nd - three days before BHS went into administration. Sex Education. pic.twitter.com/HNThbHDchf. Letter makes clear that BHS is born 1785 maid insolvent.

Chappell says deal with Sports Direct would have saved 11,000 jobs. pic.twitter.com/eCcwiVfwbJ. Who does Mr Chappell think caused BHS’s collapse? M r Chappell was resounding in writing resume cover letter his criticism of Sir Philip Green. He started off by saying that it was Sir Philip who put the business into administration, despite the 1785 maid, fact it could have been saved, and later added that Sir Philip had lined up Hilco to liquidate the why did england essay, company. “If we did not buy it, Philip would have liquidated it for sure,” Mr Chappell said. Born 1785 Marian. As well as saying he was considering taking legal action against Sir Philip and Arcadia, he also revealed that the Topshop tycoon had blocked his original plan to buy BHS debt-free and pension-free. “I think Philip genuinely thought that we would fail”, he said. “He sold it to us nevertheless.” Mr Chappell added that “no one had given the company any money for 10 to 12 years”, and said the staff (“bless them”) had to come in at weekends to change the lights and paint the shops, many of which had no central heating. Leading players in #BHS collapse give their evidence to the select committee. pic.twitter.com/5t8x78MuMl. F ormer CFO Michael Hitchcock said there were a number of “credible solutions” to BHS’s pensions deficit, and cover for entry level medical assistant, said the pensions regulator and the PPF must shoulder some of the blame for born 1785 maid marian none of them coming to fruition. Organisational Commitment. Mr Hitchcock labelled the pensions regulator “cumbersome” and said it is not fit for the “modern commercial role”. This was one of the few areas on which Mr Chappell agreed with the BHS management, past and essayist born, present. He said he “certainly believed a solution could be found” to the pensions problem, but said he became locked into a “nightmare of compliance and diligence” in which he was treated as a ping-pong ball between Sir Philip Green and Organisational, the regulator.

Mr Chappell added that he was “held to ransom” and essayist born marian, said he attempted to meet the pensions minister on three occasions but she cancelled every time because she was allegedly conflicted. I n a series of jabs, Mr Hitchcock went on to say that Mr Chappell was “not intelligent enough” to predict losing the company’s pension liabilities. Mr Hitchcock also said there was no solid governance of the board, which scuppered any hopes of bachelor's turning the essayist maid marian, business around, despite it being “ripe” for recovery. “You can’t have friends and indented, family on the board of an ?800m retailer”, Mr Hitchcock said, before adding that Chappell’s actions, which allegedly included using BHS as a personal “lifeboat”, were purely for his own benefit. L et's have a quick recap, shall we? Who did the BHS management blame for the business’s demise? The finger of blame was pointed squarely at Mr Chappell. Essayist Born. Not only was he accused by CEO Darren Topp of having “his fingers in england first essay the till”, he was also branded a “Premier League liar and a Sunday League retailer” who was not fit to head up a retailer the size of BHS by essayist 1785 maid marian, Michael Hitchcock, the company’s former finance chief. Mr Topp said Mr Chappell had promised to why did england, bring in turnaround experts to reverse BHS’s fortunes, but never did. Essayist Born Marian. S o, that was some hefty questioning earlier today. Essay. But what were the highlights? Was it Chappell admitting he was on essayist born 1785 marian a yacht in the Bahamas when the firm went bust?

Or was it the moment he was described as a Premier League liar and a Sunday league pub retailer? There was damning evidence from a good cover, all sides, it seemed, as each person rushed to essayist 1785 marian, point their fingers at the other. Thrilling stuff, right? D ominic Chappell has been trending for five hours, according to essay conclusion, Twitter. Marian. Busy day for him. Writing A Good Cover Letter. Chappell: We#39;re considering legal action against Sir Philip Green. Chappell on sidelines : Absolute rubbish I did not threaten To kill him (BHS boss) or have a gun Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Chappell on sidelines : Absolute rubbish I did not threaten To kill him (BHS boss) or have a gun Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. T opp has offered to submit his reply in written form - and that offer has been gratefully accepted by the committee, who have been questioning for over four hours.

More than two of those hours were for essayist maid Chappell. Go catch your breath, but stay tuned for level medical assistant analysis and reaction as we dissect that marathon of a session. I am very upset that there are 11,000 people directly and essayist, a number of why did england industrialize first thousand people indirectly who have lost their jobs. It is a travesty that has happened and I am very upset it has happened. As a majority shareholder we must stand forward and accept we were part of the downfall of BHS.

H e accepts: That is an apology. MPs to call CEO Darren Topp back into the hearing over the ?1.5 million BHS Sweden transaction C happell admits the born 1785 marian, allegation made earlier that he was in the Bahamas when the business went into administration. A Good Resume. The captain should be on born maid the bridge of the ship, he is told. We fought tooth and nail for this company right up until the final hour, he says. H e says RAL's mistake was not raising more money to Commitment, protect the business. That is in response to born marian, being told: What I have heard from resume level medical assistant, you is born 1785 maid marian that everyone else is to blame and quotes, not you.

It's also brought up again how he is not prepared today to say how much money he personally took out of essayist maid marian it. Sex Education Conclusion. #34;There was no corporate governance#34; I ain Wright tells Chappell: There was no corporate governance at all in Retail Acquisitions. It was just a joke. A prickly Chappell snarls and barks: How was it a joke?! Chappell claims a ?1.5m loan used for marian his father#39;s remortgaging is a sideshow - infuriating MPs. Remember most BHS pensions ?18,000. I t is revealed that he took out a short-term personal loan of ?150,000 from a good letter, Ace, the company that made millions from BHS. 1785 Marian. He still owes half of it. Resume. Dominic Chappell still owes ?75k personally to 1785, Dellal family.

Iain Wright MP asks: Are you going bankrupt again? He scoffs, and england essay, says no. Born Marian. C happell says Paul Sutton - remember him? - owes him ?800,000. But has no other other involvement with him or his wild goose chases. Dominic Chappell tells MPs he firmly believes Green responsible for loss of 11,000 jobs at Pfeffer's Organisational BHS #bhs. C happell reiterated how he wanted a hard-hitting CEO to help drive the retail side of the marian, business - and had appointed headhunters to indented, find a new CEO - but was essentially stuck with the competent (not in a good way) Topp, he says. Frank Field: Philip Green was like Banquo#39;s ghost in all of this - he was always there. He wouldn#39;t leave you along C happell says he was was snubbed by the pensions minister three times. She cancelled each time, he says, before adding that a condition of the BHS deal was that Sir Philip would not allow him to see the regulator before the deal. Huh. Pensions minister cancelled every meeting with Chappell said she was conflicted after he asking for help held to born 1785, ransom by Pensions Reg.

Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Chappell on Green- We took him as a man of his word and he did not keep his word T here goes the 90-minute mark - we are into extra-time. No drinks breaks allowed. If we had some way of parking the Philip Green-pension show, then he would have been able to raise the funds to move the resume cover level assistant, business forward, Chappell says. We rang up Mike Ashley and I said 'Mike, I will give you my shares', and he was willing to help the company out. H e says he did everything in my powers, but the rescue was railroaded by Sir Philip. Q : How confident was Chappell that he could fulfil his responsibilities to the BHS pensioners? We certainly believed a solution could be found, he says. But they ended up with a nightmare of compliance and diligence, and also a ?10m payment to the regulator which rose to ?25m.

It was one of these terrible situations where we at BHS were treated as ping-pong balls [between Sir Philip and 1785 maid, the pension regulator]. The discussions were kept very much behind closed doors. Raising the writing bachelor's, pension scheme problem with Sir Philip was like lighting the red touch paper he adds. He went from born 1785 maid, zero to incredibly angry the moment you mentioned it. Dominic Chappell knew he#39;d be quizzed by MPs about money he#39;d taken out of BHS. Remarkable he#39;s not in a position to a good resume, offer insight. C happell says Sir Philip Green has a slight control issue, and casts a little knowing look towards the committee. Sir Philip under pressure to sell. Essayist 1785 Maid. Green was under pressure to sell BHS from Leonard Green, the US private equity firm that owns 25% of Topshop, Chappell says.

Chappell won#39;t say how much he made. Commitment. Chappell has said he can#39;t give exact details on how much he made or RAL took out maid marian because he might lose insurancewill not waive privilege. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. W oah. We touched on this yesterday with Mike Ashley, but here's some more info on writing a good cover letter the Sports Direct founder's attempt to essayist born 1785 maid, buy the business. Chappell says he worked on a Sports Direct rescue deal for 24 hours straight but Sir Philip went absolutely insane when he found out and refused to work with Mike Ashley. He blocked the industrialize essay, deal, Chappell says. WOW. Dominic Chappell claims Mike Ashley was willing buyer for essayist maid marian #BHS but Philip Green went insane when heard of Sports Direct involvement. Chappell also says he had credible buyer lined up for #BHS in Mike Ashley but Green effectively blocked deal just before administration. C happell is asked how much money he has taken out, but says he will tell them as soon as is practically possible.

I have made a profit out of this, Chappell says. Essay. And adds that he feels he earned it. He says it is devastating that the 11,000 may lose their jobs. Pegged back by the #34;pensions furore#34; H e goes on to say that the pensions furore stopped him from essayist born 1785 maid marian, hiring a big-hitting retail boss, hence Topp staying on after being initially brought in as an interim man. Chappell says BHS staff came into offices at the weekend to cover letter for entry medical, paint the stores.

That#39;s not a Saturday job many would want. I didn't claim to be a retailer, Chappell says. 1785 Maid. One of the big elements of this, he says, was the property side of the degree, business. He says he bought into essayist born, a management team which had loads of essay indented retail experience between them, while he would work on things around the side. C alls them a full-blown management team that was more than capable of running the retail side of the business. No one had given that company any money for essayist 1785 maid marian 10 to 12 years, Chappell adds. He says the staff - bless them - had to come in to paint the shops at the weekends and change the Commitment, lights. He adds that many stores had no central heating. Born 1785 Marian. C happell claims he was very open about Pfeffer's Commitment, his track record - including bankruptcy - and lack of retail experience with Sir Philip. We knew nothing about retailers, he said.

We weren't claiming to be retailers. Sir Philip #34;believed the company would collapse#34; I think Philip genuinely thought that we would fail. He sold it to us nevertheless, Chappell said. He believed the company would collapse. Dominic Chappell says I think PG genuinely thought we would fail and sold BHS to us anyway Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. C happell getting increasingly passionate, here. He's just lost his cool for a moment, telling MPs: I'm sorry, I was involved in the deal - you weren't! when pressed. Until now he has been very measured.

C happell says he is looking at taking legal action against Arcadia/Sir Philip Green. F or the last 10 or 12 years there had been little or not inward investment into essayist born marian, the stores, he says. He adds that 20 properties were losing ?1m a year. Essay. #34;If we did not buy it, Sir Philip would have liquidated it#34; Continuous battering of the pension regulator and Philip was key to the business failing, he says. H e said: If we did not buy it, Sir Philip would have liquidated it for 1785 maid sure. He said Sir Philip had lined up Hilco to bachelor's london, liquidate BHS.

IMHO pretty odd for a ?800m turnover a year business to be sold and the seller then pays the fees of the buyer #bhs. H ere's our retail correspondent Ashley Armstrong, who is in essayist born the House of Commons at the moment. Why Did Industrialize First Essay. The ?35m used to essayist maid marian, establish Chappell#39;s credibility was provided by Dellalls - for the purchase of Marylebone House. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Handily the Dellal#39;s written evidence about the ?35m was released earlier this morning pic.twitter.com/yHIpuXr8mL. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. M arylebone House was owned by Sir Philip's trust and Pfeffer's Organisational, was not a part of BHS, he says. Born Marian. Saying Budge knew the ?35m came from the Dellal family, which contradicts what Budge has said.

According to Chappell, Arcadia told him ?50-75m max was needed to fix #BHS pension. Pfeffer's. Completely implausible. Dominic Chappell contradicts key evidence from Arcadia#39;s Paul Budge: says Green#39;s team was aware ?35m deposit from Dellals was for property. 1785 Marian. According to Chappell, Arcadia told him ?50-75m max was needed to fix #BHS pension. Completely implausible. C happell says his original plan was to a good resume cover letter, buy BHS debt-free and pension-free, but that was stopped by Sir Philip. He adds that Goldman Sachs were Sir Philip's gatekeeper and essayist born maid, that he had to creative, convince them. This deal all kicked off when the Paul Sutton deal (see earlier) fell through and Chappell got in touch with Paul Budge, Sir Philip's man, to convince him a deal could be done. Dominic Chappell#39;s plan already clear - blame Sir Philip, Darren Topp, administrators, everyone else basically.

Explosive detail from essayist born marian, Chappell - alleges it was Green who put business into administration, and he who chose administrators. Chappell knows what he#39;s saying - says Neville Khan of Deloitte suggested they use Duff Phelps; Khan is very close to Philip Green #bhs. C happell says he had a good working relationship with Sir Philip, adding that he spoke to him every other day during his first year of creative writing degree owning the company. He says the relationship broke down after Darren Topp, the CEO (his name is spoken with utter disdain) tried to weave his way into the ownership of the business. He adds that BHS could have been saved but Sir Philip called in essayist 1785 administrators after their relationship had broken down. Chappell insists If Philip Green had assisted us we could have saved BHS Admits it was Paul Sutton who introduced him to Sir Philip. A nd we are off. Writing Letter. Chappell starts by saying he was introduced to Sir Philip by Paul Sutton (a convicted fraudster), who seemed very credible, had a Rolls-Royce and a very nice house in Mayfair. Maid Marian. He adds that he was working with Sutton on a buy-out plan for why did industrialize first essay BHS, called Project Albion. Sutton had raw data about the company - Chappell did not ask where he got it.

It was Sutton's deal originally, he had a relationship with Philip Green. W e were technically supposed to resume at 11:25, but let's all be thankful we can have a slightly extended breather after that. #34;Did a buyer have the money to fund a turnaround#34;? Remember BHS was sold for 1785 maid a ?1. Essay Indented. Anyone could have bought it. The important issue was did a buyer have the money to fund a turnaround. I ain Wright thanks RAL for maid their time, and indented, warns them that he may wish to bring them back. He then suggests the next sitting - Chappell - may last a long time and born, calls for sex education essay conclusion a brief breather. Don't stray too far, though, the big one is on the way. Essayist Maid Marian. #39;Sir Philip helped Chappell burnish his own credentials#39; Frank Field MP suggests Philip Green helped Chappell burnish his own credentials, then sold him BHS and said look at how credible he is. Sir Philip would #34;take care#34; of the pension fund. R AL say Sir Philip said he would take care of the pension fund, but then he changed his mind.

Video - BHS boss: Dominic Chappell threatened to kill me. D id any of you think there were any problems with Mr Chappell, they are asked. Commitment. Not really, comes the response. Chappell was seen as running around, trying to find the essayist born marian, money, while the directors were dealing with the practical side of the deal. There was nothing untoward about him, they say.

Retail Acquisitions boss says Chappell got BHS deal back on why did industrialize first essay track after being rebuffed after personal negotiations with Sir Philip Green.. Who actually owns Marylebone House? U nfortunately, no one seems to actually know the answer to essayist born 1785 maid, this increasingly important question: who bought Marylebone House, BHS's head office? Or does Sir Philip still own it? B usiness writers across the country and trying to break this down. It's really not easy but these tweets do a fine job. This is resume medical assistant complicated, but basically Green agreed to sell non-BHS building to Retail Acquisitions, didnt, so RAL took cut from BHS instead.

For those struggling to keep up with #BHS cesspit, Philip Green allegedly gifted ?10m to Chappell, having previously offered ?8.5m. Essayist Born. MPs are confused why Philip Green agreed to sell BHS to Chappell for ?1 and resume cover assistant, had parallel agreement to gift him ?8.5m. They are not alone. Why would RAL receive cash from property sale? Why would somebody give you ?8.5m from the sale of a property that was not related to your company?

N o real answer is given to essayist born marian, that question. Pfeffer's Commitment. Then it's asked whether Sir Philip helped fund RAL (via this property payment) so that RAL could buy BHS. Maid Marian. The director says he does not know. O k, so. Right. Sir Philip originally planned to essay indented quotes, sell Marylebone House for ?35m, and ?10m of that was to be given to RAL. He then changed his mind, and born maid, the plan was to give RAL ?8.5m in compensation. But that money never came in, one of the RAL directors says. Creative. So this happened: More light shed on our story from weekend: Green paid ?10m to RAL last June, ?5m went into BHS, ?3.5m paid down loans, ?1.5m taken by marian, RAL. Evidence by RAL FD Aiden Treacy now saying ?8.5m never came but Arcadia instead gave business ?10m in June/July in compensation.

Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Retail Acquisitions exec says parallel deal was planned in which Green sold Marylebone House, BHS#39;s HQ, for ?35m and ?8m would go to writing degree, RA. S tephen Bourne says Sir Philip had planned to pay ?8.5m to born maid, RAL from writing resume cover letter, a property sale to pay their fees. Former RAL director says Chappell was asked by essayist born 1785 maid marian, Sir Philip Green to take #BHS off his hands with a generous financial support package. Eddie Parladario - one of Chappell#39;s Retail Acquisitions team agrees with River Rock that Goldman Sachs the why did england industrialize first essay, gatekeeper to Philip Green. VIDEO: Former colleagues dismiss BHS owner as #39;Premier League liar#39; I ain Wright says that has been absolutely invaluable for us as he wraps up with these three.

Now we have four former directors at RAL. which should be very interesting indeed. Essayist Born. Here are their names: Chappell #34;was on why did industrialize first a boat in the Bahamas on administration day#34; T opp says Chappell was in the Bahamas on essayist born 1785 maid marian the day BHS went into administration, as reported in the Mirror today. Frankly, I think it was unacceptable that he was not in the business that day, Topp says. He also said last Thursday, as he broke the news to writing cover letter, staff, was the saddest day of his career. T opp is asked about a ?1.5m transfer from essayist 1785 maid marian, BHS to why did england industrialize first essay, Sweden. My initial reaction was to essayist, call the letter medical assistant, police. But before we call the police let me ring Dominic - I rang him and essayist 1785 marian, said to him 'that's theft'.

He basically said 'do not kick off about it' and went on to say if you do, I will come down and kill you. It's my business, I can do what I want, Chappell allegedly told Topp. Explosive: Topp accused Chappell on theft after taking ?1.5m out of the business - Chappell threatened to kill him. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Solid governance was not in place. Resume For Entry Level Assistant. H itchcock, who has been nearly as passionate as good ol' Mike Ashley was yesterday, says a solid governance was simply not in place under Chappell - and is particularly critical of the presence of family and essayist maid, friends on creative degree london the board.

You can't have friends and family on the board of an essayist born 1785 ?800m retailer He adds that CEO Topp had to spend most of his time trying to why did england industrialize essay, sort the governance out. Hitchcock goes on to reiterate that the business was ripe for turnaround, which he explained earlier (scroll down). H itchcock says Chappell was not intelligent enough. Another jab. He also said the pensions regulator is cumbersome and not fit for born 1785 marian purpose. TPR and PPF process shows they are not fit for the modern commercial role in the best interest of pensioners. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016.

Dominic Chappell not intelligent enough to predict losing pension laibilities through CVA. Unexpected star Michael Hitchcock BHS CFO. RAL move was sold as a #34;great opportunity#34; S ir Philip informed the BHS management that he had done due diligence on Chappell before selling. Price said: The message was that it was a great opportunity. It was sold as a form of management buyout. For those of you who can#39;t watch the above stream, this is former boss Richard Price. H itchcock says they took their pensions proposal to regulator and PPF, but it was rejected. They said no, he says.

Attempt to restructure BHS pensions under Project Vera turned down by PPF and regulator - doesn#39;t bode well for Green#39;s plan to sex education essay, revive it. Marian. BHS #34;allowed Chappell to draw on revenue streams#34; HitchcockChappell didn#39;t want BHS to fail because it allowed him to draw on his little revenue streams such as the sale of property. M ore from Hitchcock here: RAL took out ?17m. Fact. They put in ?10m. Fact. Level Medical Assistant. Balance sheet #34;stacked full of value#34; T he balance sheet Arcadia left for Dominic was stacked full of property value, says Hitchcock. It was sufficient, if had been leveraged appropriately, to turn the born 1785 marian, business around, he says. He is saying there was enough there to work with. and Commitment, it could have been far more successfully than Chappell managed. #34;Why didn#39;t Sir Philip smell it too?#34; F ormer finance adviser Hitchcock said Chappell failed his smell test - did Sir Philip not have a similar test, then.

BHS finance chief says Chappell failed his smell test after just 2 weeks - so, why oh why didn#39;t Sir Philip Green smell a rat for months? Former CEO Richard Price now under questioning. Essayist Maid. P rice finally gets in on the action after a stunningly vicious opening 40 minutes. He's asked about writing resume letter, BHS's turnaround plan, and says the closure of 30 stores was key to that. Essayist Born. But they were not closed.

Grant Thornton advised on Project Herald. Resume Cover Level Medical. H itchcock says Grant Thornton on Chappell's secret plan to spin off BHS's profitable assets. As our retail correspondent Ashley Armstrong says, they were paid ?350k. Grant Thornton paid ?350k out of BHS advising Dominic Chappell on secret RAL plan to hive off cash from international operations. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Chappell #34;did not smell right#34;, says Hitchcock. Michael Hitchcock who acted as FD of BHS says Dominic Chappell was a fantasist.

Within two weeks realised it did not smell right C happell's attempts to separate the online part of born BHS's business and the international segment purely for his own benefit, Hitchcock says. Cover Letter For Entry Level Assistant. BHS bosses expose extraordinary secret plan fr Chappell -Project Herald -he hoped wd extract profitable international + online assets fr BHS. Chappell tried to extract #34;protiftable bits#34; Holy Christ-Chappell had tried to extract profitable bits of BhS take it out of the marian, business and Organisational Commitment, flow ? straight into Retail Acquisitions. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. 1785 Marian. H itchcock has said that BHS did not get full benefits of the sale of North West House, in Marylebone, because RAL took ?7m of it. If ?7m of sale of North West House went to Retail Acquisitions instead of england essay BHS, that looks to be a breach of sales agreement with Arcadia. C rikey, we only started 20 minutes ago but there's no holding back here.

Let it all out, guys. Michael Hitchcock has just lambasted Chappell, calling him a Premier League liar, and a Sunday pub league retailer. He added that he was duped by essayist born maid marian, Chappell. DC called a mythomaniac - premier league liar and resume, a Sunday pub retailer - not holding back! Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. Arcadia was called upon after Sir Philip sold BHS. T opp has added that Sir Philip Green's Arcadia was still heavily involved in born marian BHS after he sold it to Chappell. He said Arcadia still ran many of the store's back office functions, and was also called upon on a couple of occasions for short-term financial help.

Darren Topp just revealed some new shockers on sex education conclusion Dominic Chappell - took ?1.8m payment from sale of BHS and ?7m cut from sale of BHS offices. 1785 Maid Marian. #34;Chappell said he was a turnaround expert#34; W as the company well run after March 2015, Topp is asked. Sex Education. Topp says Chappell told him that he was a turnaround expert, and essayist born marian, he took that as true. I have subsequently read in the press that was not all that it seemed, he said. It became clear to level medical, us in the end that rather than putting money in, he had his fingers in 1785 the till. There's no love lost between those two - it was revealed last week that Chappell sent Topp an abusive text calling him a f****** p****. BHS select committee session hearing evidence from chain#39;s CEO, Darren Topp - he took assurances from Dominic Chappell at face value.

A nd we are under way. Chief executive Darren Topp and former chief executive Richard Price are in the hotseat, and Pfeffer's Commitment, have been joined by Michael Hitchcock, BHS's former financial adviser. Essayist. Relationship between Sir Philip and Mr Chappell. A key question that really needs answering concerns the writing, nature of the relationship between Sir Philip and Mr Chappell? It has been claimed that they met through convicted fraudster Paul Sutton, but both Sir Philip and essayist 1785 maid, Mr Chappell have denied this. E xpect a fair amount of finger-pointing today. Writing Resume. it could be messy. Darren Topp CEO #BHS first up at 9am (worked under both Green Chappell) Sir Philip Green the #34;unacceptable face of capitalism#34; T he controversial Sir Philip Green will not be appearing today, but he will be sat in front of MPs this time next week.

He was last night called “little better than a corporate crook” by MPs in born maid marian a House of essay Commons debate. SNP Treasury spokesman Roger Mullin said: “If ever there was an unacceptable face of capitalism it comes in the form of Sir Philip Green and his like.” Shadow business minister Bill Esterson added: “While Sir Philip’s former workers contemplate redundancy with significantly reduced terms and a reduced pension, he awaits the delivery of born 1785 a brand new ?100m yacht.” He went on to say that BHS “is an example of wealth extraction, not wealth creation” and creative london, is a “system that favours a very small number of people rather than the wider economy.” O ur retail correspondent Ashley Armstrong was at Portcullis House for Mike Ashley's remarkable performance yesterday, and she's back again today. Give her a follow. However most retail watchers will be gathering again this morning at maid marian Portcullis a house for another day of BHS inquiry. Ashley Armstrong (@AArmstrong_says) June 8, 2016. A Good Resume Cover. Iain Wright back in the hotseat after Mike Ashley#39;s grilling. I ain Wright MP, the chairman of the business committee who chaired yesterday’s grilling of Sports Direct founder Mike Ashley, is back in town today for the BHS inquisition.

Here is what he had this to essayist born 1785, say before today: “In these sessions, we will want to explore how Retail Acquisitions was considered to be a suitable buyer for BHS, an apparently struggling high street store which was saddled with a large pension deficit. Commitment. “We will want to untangle the nature of the advice, both formal and informal, which was provided to Arcadia and RAL as part of the sale process. We will want to probe the role of directors in this sale and to essayist born maid marian, examine whether the existing regulatory regime is essay fit for born 1785 maid purpose. Letter Level. I t emerged yesterday that BHS’s management team sent a scathing letter to staff blaming Retail Acquisitions for the retailer’s collapse. Born. The letter, written by nine managers, said RAL’s “inability to raise sufficient funds and dispose of london key property assets hindered the management team in essayist born maid delivering the turnaround plan. Sex Education Essay. “Any sums of essayist financing raised or property disposals appeared to writing letter, fall short of born maid expectations. Under challenge, Dominic Chappell continuously assured us he would deliver on creative degree london raising funds; this was not the case. Who else will be answering questions today? F irst up, at 9am, will be Darren Topp, the chief executive of BHS, and Richard Price, the former chief executive. They will be followed, at maid marian 10:15, by a trio of businessmen from Mr Chappell's Retail Acquisitions (RAL) consortium: Mark Tasker, Eddie Paladorio and Stephen Bourne. Mr Chappell is Organisational Commitment then due to appear at 11am. Essayist 1785. W inding up proceedings began at BHS last week after administrators failed to find a suitable buyer.

All of writing a good resume cover BHS's 163 shops will close and up to 1785 maid, 11,000 jobs will be lost, while thousands of people face having their pensions cut. It's a sorry state of affairs for one of the country's most iconic stores, and MPs will today look to get to the bottom of how thrice-bankrupt Mr Chappell, who bought the company for ?1 last year from creative writing bachelor's degree, Sir Philip Green, was able to marian, take control of BHS despite having no retail experience. G ood morning, and england industrialize, welcome to our live coverage of today's select committee hearing on the collapse of BHS. We will be here throughout the morning with all the latest news from the House of Commons, where Dominic Chappell, the essayist 1785 maid, head of Retail Acquisitions, is due to give evidence to england industrialize first, the work and pensions committee and the business, innovation and skills committee. Born 1785 Maid Marian. Mr Chappell's appearance comes after BHS management last night sent a letter to staff blaming Retail Acquisitions (RAL) for the store's collapse, and resume cover level medical, he will be preparing himself for some strong words from MPs today.

Gallery: #39;I#39;m truly the born, reflection of perfection#39;: the 16 daftest Apprentice candidates of all time. Writing. Gallery: The top 20 fastest growing retailers in the UK. Gallery: From Lee McQueen to Alana Spencer: where are the Apprentice candidates now? Unilever said to born 1785 marian, have set Oct 19 deadline for for entry level assistant spreads bids. Comment: Irrespective of Brexit, the issues of fairness and the move to a new digital age must be resolved. O#39;Leary offers pilots improved pay and working conditions to stay at essayist 1785 Ryanair. Comment: It’s time the markets dabbed the brakes on Pfeffer's Commitment electric car exuberance. Comment: This Government is not devoid of vision but the hard thinking about the root problems.

Comment: If the Government was a company, Theresa May would already be gone and born 1785 maid, Philip Hammond installed as CEO. Youth media brand Vice counts cost of traditional TV push. Letter. Hammond’s budget cupboard is born maid marian almost bare, Treasury document reveals. England Industrialize First. Dialog buys California chipmaker in deal worth up to $306m. Essayist Born 1785. Royal Mail workers to strike for 48 hours later this month as company threatens legal injunction. London-based hedge fund Winton suffers worst year since 2012 as profits plunge. Pound plunges below $1.32 against the dollar following disastrous May speech; rattled Spanish markets calm. Eurozone QE tapering on track for early 2018, accounts confirm. Uber records jump in profits at UK arm.

Tesco#39;s Booker takeover must be blocked, wholesalers tell watchdog. Oleg Deripaska to list energy group En+ in London. Original London Sightseeing Tour bemoans competition and lower visitor numbers as it swings to Pfeffer's, loss. Norwegian and EasyJet enjoy booming passenger numbers despite airline industry turmoil. Aviva snaps up robo start-up to essayist born maid marian, impress time-poor, cash-poor millennials. Why Did England Industrialize First. TMF to move HQ to London in a boost for UK business. Nightclub owner Deltic ups the ante with detailed Revolution Bars bid. Telegraph Media Group Limited 2017. We rely on advertising to help fund our award-winning journalism.

We urge you to turn off your ad blocker for The Telegraph website so that you can continue to essayist born maid, access our quality content in the future.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Essayist born 1785 who wrote maid marian College paper Service

Overweight and Obesity in Children Essay Sample. Obesity is described as weight above the ninety-seventh centile compared to essayist 1785 marian, normal height or over twenty per cent above the mean weight for the child’s age. Other measurements comprise triceps skin fold thickness or an first obesity index that combines weight gain, suprailiac skin fold, as well as waist-size. There has been lots of confusion regarding the significance of obesity in born infancy as a determinant of obesity later in life. Current studies have revealed that the risk of continued obesity is Pfeffer's Commitment below originally thought. Essayist Maid! The relative risk of an overweight baby becoming an a good resume cover overweight five-year-old is about two and a half times more than for a normal weight baby. Marian! The majority overweight babies do not become overweight children.

The view that fat cell proliferation is triggered in infancy is now being questioned as it would appear that there seems to be a significant phase in infancy for this to happen. During the first year of life weight gain is because of increase in size of fat cells; however from 12 to 18 months increase in weight is due mainly to an increase in Commitment fat cell number. Essayist Maid Marian! It is now thought that the severity and length of time obesity has continued is the major determinant of the total number of fat cells in adult life. This report covers different feeding problems found in Pfeffer's Commitment young children, from not eating to excessively over-eating or eating non-edible items. These problems can differ in intensity from 1785 maid marian parents concerned regarding how to wean, to parents’ neglecting and writing resume cover under-feeding their children. Born Maid! Assessment methods are illustrated and management of these problems is examined using some techniques including reinforcement, extinction, discrimination learning, as well as graded steps to learning.

Some families need extensive help over a prolonged period to conquer long-standing emotional problems in creative writing the family which have culminated in a child who is failing to prosper or is obese. Prevalence of Obesity: Obesity emerges to be associated to cultural practice as it varies according to class. 1785 Maid Marian! It occurs more often in children of single parents, of writing resume letter older parents, and in merely children. One study has revealed that there is a prevalence rate of five to ten per cent of pre-school children.

Some years ago there was a period of a much higher level of obesity in babies when the common view was that ‘you cannot overfeed a baby’. Mothers were encouraged to give solids at a very early age and bottle feeding was prime, with mothers wrongly making up the feeds. This formed an imbalance in the baby’s salts, leading to thirst and the provision of more milk which created obesity. The habit of sweetening feeds as well added to the problem. However in essayist maid marian the very early 1970s the dangers of infantile obesity and dehydration were well exposed and the rate of tiny babies in quotes Sheffield being fed unmodified milk powder dropped from born maid marian 90 per cent to 0 per cent. Therefore the rate of first essay babies above the fiftieth centile in essayist born 1785 marian weight dropped from seventy-nine per cent to forty-three per cent. The present view that a breastfed baby cannot be overfed as well has to be treated with care. There is no definite proof that this is so. Creative Writing! The difficulty is with the essayist born advent of demand feeding. Some breastfed babies may have 8 feeds in indented 24 hours whereas others may have 30 feeds in the same time. Essayist Maid! Several mothers have difficulty in Commitment understanding the demands of their baby and are inclined to essayist born maid, feed rather than play or comfort in other ways. (Teague, M., MacNeil, R, 1992).

A strong association exists between the fatness of parents and their children. By seventeen years of Pfeffer's age the children of obese parents are 3 times more probable to be obese than children of thin parents. If one sibling is essayist born maid fat there is a forty per cent chance that the second sibling will also be fat. This is not a hereditary link as these researchers have shown that if one spouse is cover letter level medical fat there is a thirty per cent chance that the other spouse will also be fat. Likewise an association has been found between obesity in pet dogs and their owners. The relative risk of born a child being overweight is 5 times that of a child with normal weight parents. Studies that have examined parental influences on children’s eating patterns have shown that parents have a noteworthy influence. Parental prompts and encouragement to eat are extremely correlated to Organisational, the relative weight of the child and essayist born 1785 marian increasing probability that the child will eat. Presenting food to the child is not correlated with weight whereas prompts are highly correlated; the resume cover letter for entry level medical assistant higher the intensity of the prompt the born maid marian higher the writing correlation. Types of born maid Obesity:

Woolston (1987) has proposed a simple categorization of obesity in essay childhood which takes into account the variety of different etiologies. The main distinction is between organic-based obesity (endogenous), which comprises metabolic disorders, and inorganic obesity (exogenous). Multiple factors contribute to this latter form and he has recognized 4 groups. Simple excessive calorie intake where the parent is overfeeding the child because of essayist born maid marian misinformation or cultural practice. Familial obesity where there is probably a familial susceptibility to being overweight. The obesity is slow and progressive, frequently starting by age 4 or 5 years. Psychogenic obesity where there is strong proof of cover level assistant psychopathology in the child or parent or both. In these families there is no verification of a family tendency to be overweight. It can have abrupt onset and progress quickly.

Possibly a traumatic separation may activate the condition. Mixed etiology when more than one of the above factors takes place in a family. (Adams, M. J., Bereuter, C., Carruthers, I., Case, R., Hirshberg, J., McKeough, A., et al., 2000). The implication of such a classification is significant for the development of treatment strategies. Attempts to get parents to lessen calorific intake, if the cause of the obesity is psychogenic, are fated to failure; probably this is why these families are often so hard to treat. Behavioural management: Keeping a diary of what the marian child eats in a day and when it is writing eaten can assist the parent become aware of the essayist eating pattern. Parents may then require help in establishing the setting cues related with eating. Simple guidelines regarding only eating at the table at meal-times and not snacking may be needed.

Parents can be enthused by keeping a weight chart for the child in order that they see progress or failure and conclusion the aim of essayist treatment is kept in mind. Placing it on the fridge door may hearten mothers not to indulge their child. However this alone is improbable to be efficient in many cases where basic psychogenic factors are the root cause of the resume medical problem. Dietary habits: Some researchers have highlighted the significance of essayist maid dietary habits. Long-term eating patterns need to be taught and evasion of unsuitable dieting for children. A Traffic Light Diet has been developed where foods are grouped into 3 colour-coded categories, green (‘go’ foods), yellow (‘approach with caution’ foods), as well as red (‘stop’ foods).

Parents are taught to build up menus and eating habits footed on this system in order that a balanced and healthy diet is provided. At a simpler level parents can be reminded not to keep biscuits and sweets in the house as it is easier to say ‘no’ to a whining child if the foods are not easily available. (Adams, M. J., Bereuter, C., Carruthers, I., Case, R., Hirshberg, J., McKeough, A., et al., 2000). General child management: Parents possibly will need help in general child management methods. This can improve the effectiveness of treatment. Even though these studies apply to older children the principle must hold for younger children where management problems are often linked with obesity. Over-pampered children frequently have few limits set for their general behaviour or their eating habits.

Parents often require help in anticipating how to deal with demands outside sweet shops or in supermarkets. It has been easier in the past to Pfeffer's Commitment, give in to the child’s demands, thus learning to set limits across all aspects of the child’s behaviour can be significant for coping with the battles about food. Exercise: Rising expenditure of extra calories through exercise and increasing metabolic rate has not been extensively used in treatment strategies, while researchers have found that children who maintained their improved weight 1 to 3 years after treatment had higher levels of exercise than peers who failed to do so. The integration of higher levels of exercise into children’s life-style appears to be an born marian imperative preventive factor for the future. http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/todaysnews/news_140105_01.asp. Family therapy: Involving the whole family in first essay treatment is vital, mainly if there is a family trait of obesity. All members of the family may require help in essayist 1785 maid adjusting attitudes to food and mealtimes. The significance of food to the family can be as a social process or a centre around which all family communication plus interaction takes place. The mother may feel that her role in the family is cook and food-giver: she can identify herself as a good mother plus wife if she constantly feeds her family. She and why did industrialize the family may need substantial help to maid marian, change this point of view. Just to deny her that role or restrict what she can proffer the family to eat can be strongly resisted by her as she can lose her identity.

Her essential role in the family can be continued by helping her provide emotional support and care to other family members. Essay! Relabelling her significance as being in control of her family’s health by providing a healthy diet, heartening and participating in physical activities is one method of essayist born marian cognitive reformation that can help. Food can be a pacifier to disturbed feelings. Essay! Adults frequently eat to born maid marian, comfort themselves, and will repeat this process with their children. The child learns this during the pre-school years and will as well start to resume cover letter for entry assistant, eat for comfort. The fact that unhappy feelings are pushed away with food is an born 1785 marian evasion style of creative writing bachelor's coping with stress. Parents and children need to learn how to converse unhappy feelings to each other and how to comfort each other without food. Born Maid! ‘Talk rather than eat’ ought to be the family motto. Some parents feed their children to keep them quiet, not realizing that they can provide emotional support in other ways. Sex Education! (Barkley, R. Essayist Born Maid Marian! A, 1987). Nutrition and Physical Education Programs:

Schools have been recognized as the best places for interventions that encourage healthy nutrition and exercise habits in for entry level medical children and youngsters. Over ninety percent of Americans aged 5–17 attend school regularly. Schools are children’s “work places,” where rigorous contact takes place with adult teachers and with peers, where one to two daily meals are eaten in a socially suitable atmosphere, and where basic knowledge and skills which promote industrious interaction in society can be acquired. Physical education programs of some type are frequently obtainable, although they may have to struggle with band, choir, study hall, and work-study programs for students’ attention. So it appears that school would be the 1785 maid best place to take on the prevention of obesity. But schools might have one or more of the following constraints relating to health education and obesity prevention: Lack of competent personnel to conduct a curriculum pertaining to health education. No condition in the school district for a health education curriculum, much less explicit obesity-prevention programs. Competition between a program of basic health education and indented one concerned with more imperative social problems, such as adolescent pregnancy, sexually conveyed diseases, and drug and alcohol abuse. The comprehensible position taken by many teachers and administrators that schools must be primarily concerned with educating children in basic languages, mathematics, and sciences, rather than providing a program of born health education, an addition which might consequence in further overcrowding of the curriculum.

Lots of schools have perhaps provided nutrition education to students in resume cover for entry courses such as those linked to physical education classes. But other approaches can be more likely to consequence in changes in health behaviours. For instance, a document entitled Guidelines for School Health Programs to essayist maid marian, Promote Lifelong Healthy Eating provides schools with a plan for affecting away from approaches to health education based on cover level medical, the teacher conveying knowledge to students and toward methods that need hands-on involvement and problem-solving by born maid marian, students. This extensively endorsed publication contains numerous recommendations and writing letter ideas for schools to pursue in establishing school-based nutrition education, including assimilation of school food services with the nutrition education curriculum, the training of school staff who will teach nutrition education, the participation of families and communities in school nutrition education curricula, and ways to essayist born 1785, observe the progress of Pfeffer's Commitment school health and nutrition programs. The stress is on marian, involving children and their families in a well-organized, culturally receptive nutrition education plan. Some schools have welcomed special revelation interventions promoting healthy eating and suitable exercise among students. One of these, the CATCH program (Child and Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health) concerned over essayist 1785, 5,000 elementary school children in 96 schools in essay indented quotes California, Louisiana, and Minnesota between 1991 and 1994 (Luepker et al. 1996). Schools were erratically chosen as intervention (56) or control (40) schools. Interventions consisted of the completion of specific school-based curricula for food services (such as limiting fat intake to 30 percent of kcals), physical education classes (such as rising the amount of essayist 1785 maid marian moderate to energetic daily exercise), and the classroom (such as promotion of skills linked to the making of healthy food choices), as well as home-based curricula, which given health information to families and essay quotes requisite evidence of parental participation and knowledge. Rather significant results were reported: fat content of school lunches fell from nearly 39 percent to less than 32 percent in intervention schools, compared to a drop from nearly 39 percent to 36.2 percent in control schools, and physical activity levels drastically increased in born 1785 marian intervention schools.

Weight changes were not evaluated. A Good! Without question, this landmark study demonstrated that very optimistic changes could be made in modifying energy intake and expenditure in school children under well-financed, well-planned conditions. Regrettably, thousands of other schools in this country may not be competent to adopt the intervention curricula of 1785 this or similar studies as of constraints. The U. S. Department of Agriculture’s requirement that, started in July 1998, the total fat content of school lunches could not surpass a weekly average of 30 percent was another attempt to support healthy eating behaviour in schools. Although, in concert with what emerges to creative writing london, be the almost universal inclination for adults from any period of American history to see their children as inadequately physically active, the born 1785 story of cover level physical decline is, it seems one we all know. Socrates’ often quoted words capture the joining together of these two ideas, such that each generation’s supposedly lazy children are seen as a sign that society itself is going downhill: Children today love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect for their elders, and they like to talk instead of 1785 maid marian work. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up the best at the table, and tyrannize over their teachers. (O’Connor 1980:265) By the sex education essay conclusion early twentieth century, the idea that contemporary living was unhealthy and lead to mass lethargy had begun to find an 1785 important ally in the emerging field of scientifically grounded medicine. Elsewhere, in his portentously titled The Word, the Flesh and the Devil (1929), the distinguished scientist J. D. Bernal predicted that, unless new functions were found for the human body, which he saw as trapped in a fast technologically changing world, it would be bestowed with altogether through sheer lack of sex education essay conclusion use.

Thus, in this context, physical education is also a motivating case in point. Usually a low-status school subject, physical education has been the essayist born 1785 marian subject of occasional government and general public interest throughout times of cover letter medical crisis, such as wars and social unrest. Born 1785 Maid Marian! Howell and Ingham (2001) suggest that this was mostly true in the US around the time of the Korean War when authorities were distressed by the number of young men who failed the physical tests. But as others have pointed, it is hard to find an historical example in which Western governmental and/or medical authorities have been something other than shocked by why did essay, what tests have ‘revealed’ about the physical state of its citizenry (Kirk 1998). Current university studies of the physical skill levels of American children were interpreted as proof of a general physical deterioration, even though no data exist against which these tests could be compared. Essayist Born 1785 Marian! The release of these results was convoyed by calls for more time for physical education (Raethel 1998). A clear investigation of the way food is used in the family is imperative in determining the treatment mode. The aim of treatment is not for a young child to lose weight as it would be in an adult, however to essay, maintain their weight or make below normal weight gain.

As the child grows, a more suitable match between height and weight will then develop. Also the nutrition and physical education programs for obese children used by numerous dieticians can be based on the exchange system of the born American Dietetic and the American Diabetic Associations, in essay which food equivalents are stressed. Essayist 1785 Marian! In this system, foods are grouped into 6 basic categories (starch, meat, vegetable, fruit, milk, and resume level medical fat), and exchanges within each group can be chosen based on macronutrient and kcal content. For example, one exchange from the starch list contains 80 kcals, derived from 20 grams of carbohydrate. Essayist Born 1785 Maid! An ounce of bread or one-half cup of cereal or corn represents one starch exchange. The numeral of exchanges per group required to essay indented quotes, attain a certain caloric intake is provided in tables, so that an individual can select amongst many various foods. Essayist Born Maid Marian! Although this system can be useful for those who have the indented time and born 1785 marian determine to writing cover, use it. Cultural and social factors are more pervasive when parents like to see a fat child. Fatness may indicate avoiding the deprivation they experienced in their own childhood. Societal expectations are changing and the fat toddler is no longer looked on essayist born 1785 maid, with affection, but some cultural minority groups still feel that the young child should be fed and pampered. Adams, M. J., Bereuter, C., Carruthers, I., Case, R., Hirshberg, J., McKeough, A., et al.

Open court reading . Columbus, OH: SRA/McGraw-Hill, 2000. Barkley, R. A. Defiant children: A clinician’s manual for parent training . New York: Guilford, 1987. Howell, J. and Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment Ingham, A. “From social problem to personal issue: the language of lifestyle”, Cultural Studies 15, 2: 326-51, 2001. Kirk, D. Schooling Bodies: School Practice and Public Discourse, 1880-1950 , London: Leicestershire University Press, 1998. Luepker, R. V., C. L. Perry, S. M. McKinlay, et al. “Outcomes of a field trial to improve children’s dietary patterns and physical activity”. The Child and 1785 marian Adolescent Trial for essay conclusion, Cardiovascular Health (CATCH).

Journal of the American Medical Association 275: 768–76, 1996. O’Connor, R. Choosing for essayist born maid marian, Health , Philadelphia, PA: Saunders College, 1980. Raethel, S. “Students lack basic sporting abilities”, Sydney Morning Herald , 14 February: 2, 1998. Teague, M., MacNeil, R. Aging and leisure: Vitality in later life (2nd. Ed.). Dubuque, IA: Brown Benchmark, 1992. Is this the perfect essay for you?

Save time and order Overweight and Obesity in Children. essay editing for conclusion, only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Overweight and Obesity in Children. The percentage of overweight children in western society has increased by almost 20% in essayist born 1785 maid last ten years. Discuss the possible causes and effects of this disturbing trend and offer a… Overweight and Obesity from infant to childhood.

Overweight and Obesity in Childhood, Are Solid Foods Given Prematurely? Delayed introduction of solid feeding reduces child overweight and obesity at 10 years. Good work — from APA guidelines, to… Child Obesity Speech. If you had the power to save many children’s lives, would you do it? Well there is something we can do as a society so save and protect children. What… Today, it is no secret that America is overweight. Childhood Obesity occurs when a child’s body accumulates excess body fat that eventually causes a negative impact in his/her health.

Human… Obesity in creative writing degree Children Research Paper. Patient T is born a newborn weighing 10 pounds, and resume letter level 4 ounces, and looks like a healthy, strong, and big new baby boy; during his childhood, he maintains normal weight, and… Thesis In the United States today, we have an epidemic of childhood obesity, when we think about this problem; we seem to always point fingers at the fast food restaurants…

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Essayist born 1785 - Mitobi Integrated Services

The four mighty tragedies of Shakespeare shine like immortal stars forever. In keeping with the ancient theory of tragedy, evoking pity and fear in the audience, King Lear motivates us to feel deeply for essayist 1785 maid the protagonist. Injustice, betrayal and dishonor are common in stories about Royalty and the ups and essay, downs of their charmed lives. A well-researched king lear essay could only look at an aspect or two of the multi-faceted story through five acts in a towering drama structure that grabs the attention with powerful poetry and tremendous storytelling. Writing the king lear essay may well be the ultimate achievement. A literary essay would suit the dedicated student of literature, a teacher of English or a researcher. Such an 1785 maid marian, essay must delve deep into the structure, meaning and significance of the literary work and analyze the figures of speech, the nature of language, plot and creative, character.

An analysis could be attempted of born 1785 maid, a short poem like ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost or an enormous novel like ‘Crime and Punishment’ by Dostoyevsky. Commitment? The length of the analysis would naturally differ. Essayist Born Maid? The plus points and sex education essay conclusion, the minus points are highlighted and extracts are usually cited to get a feel of the literature as evidence. Such a well-written essay not only proves the writer’s skills but would be very useful for students and researchers and born 1785, the lay public who are looking to buy books to read. Since many stories are translated into creative writing bachelor's, films, the vast cinematic audience is also interested indirectly in essayist born book reviews. Excellent literary reviews would find pride of price in journals and be written as part of requirements for college courses. Besides the analytical mind, knowledge of literary traditions would be required to succeed. In comparison, the resume cover, 500 word essay may be free from complications though the length may put some people off. Language must flow just like ideas must and once you get the hang of planning, outlining and drafting, writing could well become a pleasure. Writing must have a purpose, meaning and significance, and would usually be written as part of study courses or professionally. In one case writing earns grades, and otherwise writing attracts payment.

Researching is essential by means of essayist born, which valid data are gathered and the quality of the writing often depends upon the worth of the material. Pfeffer's Commitment? Sifting through sources like journals, books, and websites and having an essayist born 1785 maid, instinct for what is the why did first essay, best information, would make a difference. Structural aspects like sentence making and paragraphing would matter in addition to essayist 1785 editing and proofreading to tighten up mistakes. Organisational Commitment? Good writing expresses well and essayist born 1785 marian, is a pleasure to read. The king lear essay could be written within such a word limit to investigate an aspect like loyalty. The king lear essays also become challenges in their own right since it is not only literary knowledge that counts but the quality of English language that matters. Why Did First? Before writing such a successful essay, it would be necessary to scan the text thoroughly and study several reference essays and commentaries to be well versed with the issues. Born Maid? Live drama and audio and video recordings help the faster comprehension of elaborate literary works that may take weeks and months to study in academic courses. The nuts and bolts of the writing process apply equally well to literary writing with all their complexity. Continue to labor over the writing process!

Writing a writing a definition essay is comparatively straightforward as compared to the expository or the argumentative essay writing and the level of information presented is crucial. The newspapers contain many pages of information, but we read them to be enlightened because they are all useful, important and valid pieces of information. Sources are very important to writing a good the writing process and trusted sources like Wikipedia would feed the writer with appropriate content. 1785 Maid Marian? Ezine is one more of those trusted sources. If the definition deals with the Tasmanian Devil, all the relevant information would be presented in a planned and bachelor's, sustained manner with the essayist born maid, introduction, body and the conclusion. The thesis sentence at the beginning sums up overall and the topic sentence in each paragraph highlights the content of the individual paragraph. A thorough revision and why did essay, editing finally would refine and essayist born 1785 marian, polish the piece of writing.

You could attempt a definition of drama as part of the king lear essay. The writing college application essays assume great importance because they may make a difference with regard to admission. A well-written essay of an autobiographical kind highlights character and personality. Psychologists believe that the writing reveals character traits. Indented? A sincere essay would not try to born 1785 maid marian impress through sensations, but reveal realistically the nature of a person or an experience that motivated change or taught a lesson. Since admission officials are required to read a large number of essays, it needs to be extremely well written to stand out and make a difference. A case study analysis too, like the literary writing breaks down the subject into pieces like dismantling a machine during repairs. Expert knowledge of the writing bachelor's london, different parts and how they function would be necessary and reassembly would require appropriate skill. If a company is not performing well, such an analysis succeeds in tracing the causes and suggests measures to improve. A doctor does something similar in the diagnosis of the patient and the tests that are ordered.

Such systematic studies with an essayist maid marian, array of research methods are crucial to understanding social, economic and political problems. Such studies are taken up over time, so as to obtain a detailed understanding by comparing over weeks and indented, months, years too maybe. Men, materials, resources, money, laws and essayist born marian, systems are some areas that could be analyzed in several fields like medicine, industry, transport and software. Could we apply the Pfeffer's, same approach to the king lear essay? Let us discover some king lear essay topics and attempt king lear essay questions : Examine King Lear in the light of the requirements to be considered a tragic hero in the context of pity and terror.

Highlight the instances of divine justice in King Lear and comment on them. Marian? Analyze King Lear in terms of the struggle for power. In keeping with the ancient theory of tragedy, evoking pity and fear in the audience, King Lear motivates us to feel deeply for the protagonist. Injustice, betrayal and dishonor are common in stories about Royalty and the ups and downs of their charmed lives. A well-researched king lear essay could only look at an aspect or two of the multi-faceted story through five acts in a towering drama structure that grabs the attention with powerful poetry and tremendous storytelling. Writing the king lear essay may well be the ultimate achievement. A literary essay would suit the dedicated student of literature, a teacher of English or a researcher. England Industrialize First? Such an essay must delve deep into the structure, meaning and significance of the essayist born 1785 marian, literary work and analyze the figures of speech, the nature of indented quotes, language, plot and character. An analysis could be attempted of a short poem like ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost or an enormous novel like ‘Crime and Punishment’ by Dostoyevsky.

The length of the analysis would naturally differ. The plus points and essayist born 1785 maid, the minus points are highlighted and extracts are usually cited to get a feel of the literature as evidence. Such a well-written essay not only proves the sex education, writer’s skills but would be very useful for students and researchers and essayist 1785 maid marian, the lay public who are looking to creative bachelor's london buy books to essayist 1785 read. Since many stories are translated into films, the vast cinematic audience is also interested indirectly in book reviews. Excellent literary reviews would find pride of price in journals and be written as part of requirements for college courses. Besides the essay indented, analytical mind, knowledge of literary traditions would be required to succeed.

In comparison, the 500 word essay may be free from complications though the length may put some people off. Language must flow just like ideas must and once you get the hang of essayist 1785 maid, planning, outlining and drafting, writing could well become a pleasure. Writing must have a purpose, meaning and creative writing degree, significance, and essayist 1785 maid marian, would usually be written as part of study courses or professionally. In one case writing earns grades, and otherwise writing attracts payment. Researching is essential by means of which valid data are gathered and the quality of the writing often depends upon the worth of the material. Sifting through sources like journals, books, and websites and having an instinct for what is the best information, would make a difference. Structural aspects like sentence making and paragraphing would matter in resume for entry level assistant addition to editing and proofreading to tighten up mistakes. Good writing expresses well and is a pleasure to read. The king lear essay could be written within such a word limit to maid marian investigate an aspect like loyalty. The king lear essays also become challenges in their own right since it is not only literary knowledge that counts but the quality of English language that matters. Before writing such a successful essay, it would be necessary to scan the text thoroughly and study several reference essays and commentaries to be well versed with the issues.

Live drama and audio and video recordings help the faster comprehension of elaborate literary works that may take weeks and months to study in academic courses. The nuts and bolts of the writing process apply equally well to literary writing with all their complexity. Continue to labor over the writing process! Writing a writing a definition essay is comparatively straightforward as compared to the expository or the argumentative essay writing and the level of information presented is crucial. The newspapers contain many pages of information, but we read them to be enlightened because they are all useful, important and valid pieces of information. Sources are very important to the writing process and england industrialize first, trusted sources like Wikipedia would feed the writer with appropriate content. Ezine is one more of those trusted sources. If the definition deals with the Tasmanian Devil, all the relevant information would be presented in a planned and sustained manner with the introduction, body and the conclusion. The thesis sentence at the beginning sums up overall and the topic sentence in marian each paragraph highlights the content of the individual paragraph. A thorough revision and editing finally would refine and polish the Pfeffer's Organisational, piece of writing.

You could attempt a definition of drama as part of the born, king lear essay. The writing college application essays assume great importance because they may make a difference with regard to admission. A well-written essay of an autobiographical kind highlights character and personality. Psychologists believe that the writing reveals character traits. A sincere essay would not try to impress through sensations, but reveal realistically the letter level, nature of a person or an experience that motivated change or taught a lesson.

Since admission officials are required to read a large number of essayist 1785 maid marian, essays, it needs to be extremely well written to stand out and make a difference. A case study analysis too, like the literary writing breaks down the subject into pieces like dismantling a machine during repairs. Expert knowledge of the different parts and how they function would be necessary and reassembly would require appropriate skill. If a company is not performing well, such an analysis succeeds in indented tracing the causes and suggests measures to improve. A doctor does something similar in the diagnosis of the patient and the tests that are ordered. Essayist Born 1785? Such systematic studies with an array of research methods are crucial to understanding social, economic and political problems. Such studies are taken up over time, so as to obtain a detailed understanding by Pfeffer's Commitment, comparing over weeks and months, years too maybe. Men, materials, resources, money, laws and systems are some areas that could be analyzed in born maid several fields like medicine, industry, transport and software. Could we apply the same approach to the king lear essay? Let us discover some king lear essay topics and attempt king lear essay questions : Examine King Lear in Organisational the light of the requirements to be considered a tragic hero in the context of pity and terror.

Highlight the essayist born 1785, instances of divine justice in King Lear and comment on them. Why Did First? Analyze King Lear in terms of the struggle for power. In keeping with the ancient theory of tragedy, evoking pity and fear in the audience, King Lear motivates us to feel deeply for the protagonist. Injustice, betrayal and 1785 maid marian, dishonor are common in stories about Royalty and the ups and downs of sex education, their charmed lives. A well-researched king lear essay could only look at born marian, an aspect or two of the multi-faceted story through five acts in a towering drama structure that grabs the england industrialize essay, attention with powerful poetry and tremendous storytelling. Writing the king lear essay may well be the ultimate achievement. A literary essay would suit the essayist maid, dedicated student of literature, a teacher of English or a researcher.

Such an essay must delve deep into the structure, meaning and significance of the essay indented, literary work and analyze the figures of 1785, speech, the nature of language, plot and character. An analysis could be attempted of a short poem like ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost or an enormous novel like ‘Crime and Punishment’ by Dostoyevsky. The length of the analysis would naturally differ. The plus points and the minus points are highlighted and extracts are usually cited to get a feel of the literature as evidence. Such a well-written essay not only proves the resume level medical assistant, writer’s skills but would be very useful for students and researchers and the lay public who are looking to buy books to read. Since many stories are translated into born 1785 maid, films, the vast cinematic audience is also interested indirectly in book reviews. Excellent literary reviews would find pride of price in journals and quotes, be written as part of requirements for college courses. Essayist? Besides the analytical mind, knowledge of literary traditions would be required to succeed.

In comparison, the a good resume cover, 500 word essay may be free from complications though the length may put some people off. Language must flow just like ideas must and once you get the hang of planning, outlining and drafting, writing could well become a pleasure. Born Maid? Writing must have a purpose, meaning and significance, and would usually be written as part of essay conclusion, study courses or professionally. In one case writing earns grades, and otherwise writing attracts payment. Researching is essential by means of which valid data are gathered and the quality of the writing often depends upon the worth of the material. 1785? Sifting through sources like journals, books, and websites and having an instinct for what is the best information, would make a difference. Structural aspects like sentence making and paragraphing would matter in addition to editing and writing, proofreading to essayist 1785 tighten up mistakes. Good writing expresses well and is a pleasure to resume for entry medical assistant read. The king lear essay could be written within such a word limit to investigate an aspect like loyalty. The king lear essays also become challenges in their own right since it is not only literary knowledge that counts but the quality of English language that matters.

Before writing such a successful essay, it would be necessary to scan the text thoroughly and study several reference essays and commentaries to essayist born maid be well versed with the issues. Live drama and audio and video recordings help the faster comprehension of elaborate literary works that may take weeks and months to study in academic courses. The nuts and bolts of the letter, writing process apply equally well to literary writing with all their complexity. Continue to labor over the writing process! Writing a writing a definition essay is comparatively straightforward as compared to the expository or the essayist born maid, argumentative essay writing and the level of information presented is crucial. The newspapers contain many pages of information, but we read them to be enlightened because they are all useful, important and valid pieces of information.

Sources are very important to creative bachelor's the writing process and trusted sources like Wikipedia would feed the writer with appropriate content. Ezine is one more of those trusted sources. Essayist Marian? If the definition deals with the Tasmanian Devil, all the relevant information would be presented in a planned and sustained manner with the introduction, body and the conclusion. The thesis sentence at the beginning sums up overall and the topic sentence in each paragraph highlights the content of the resume cover for entry medical, individual paragraph. Essayist Born? A thorough revision and editing finally would refine and polish the piece of writing. Sex Education Essay Conclusion? You could attempt a definition of born 1785 maid marian, drama as part of the king lear essay.

The writing college application essays assume great importance because they may make a difference with regard to admission. A well-written essay of an autobiographical kind highlights character and personality. Psychologists believe that the writing reveals character traits. Writing Cover? A sincere essay would not try to impress through sensations, but reveal realistically the nature of a person or an experience that motivated change or taught a lesson. Since admission officials are required to read a large number of essays, it needs to be extremely well written to stand out and 1785 maid, make a difference. A case study analysis too, like the literary writing breaks down the subject into pieces like dismantling a machine during repairs. Expert knowledge of the writing a good resume, different parts and how they function would be necessary and reassembly would require appropriate skill. If a company is not performing well, such an analysis succeeds in tracing the causes and suggests measures to improve. Born? A doctor does something similar in the diagnosis of the quotes, patient and the tests that are ordered. Such systematic studies with an array of research methods are crucial to understanding social, economic and 1785 maid marian, political problems. Such studies are taken up over time, so as to why did industrialize essay obtain a detailed understanding by comparing over weeks and months, years too maybe.

Men, materials, resources, money, laws and systems are some areas that could be analyzed in several fields like medicine, industry, transport and essayist born maid, software. Could we apply the same approach to the king lear essay? Let us discover some king lear essay topics and attempt king lear essay questions : Examine King Lear in the light of the requirements to be considered a tragic hero in the context of essay, pity and terror. Highlight the instances of divine justice in King Lear and comment on them. Analyze King Lear in terms of the essayist born maid, struggle for Organisational Commitment power.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Essayist born 1785 wrote maid marian - Total Health Magazine

advert essay There are many different kinds of advertising (on the radio, on television, in newspapers, in magazines, and on billboards). In your opinion, which one of these kinds of advertising is the most effective? Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. All advertising media share a common goal; to reach as many consumers as possible and born convince them to essay buy a certain product.

They all employ similar strategies to achieve this objective, but some are more effective than others. Essayist 1785 Maid! In my opinion, television is the most effective because of several advantages it has over other advertising media. For one thing, I believe television advertising has a greater power to engage its audience than print and radio media have. While print appeals only to the sense of cover for entry, sight and radio only to hearing, television appeals to both sight and hearing simultaneously. Moreover, a television advertisement is a moving film and therefore is quite successful at presenting the illusion of born 1785 maid marian, reality. The characters in a television commercial seem alive. Pfeffer's Organisational! For these reasons, we are probably more likely to born 1785 maid pay close attention to resume for entry assistant a television commercial than to a radio commercial or an ad in a magazine. Secondly, the essayist born 1785 marian, advantage of television advertising over other advertising media is cover letter medical assistant, related to the costs involved in producing television commercials.

Because of the extremely high cost of advertising on television, the companies which can afford the expense can also afford to do intensive market research. Essayist Marian! In other words, they can study market trends and buying habits in essay quotes order to target a very specific consumer audience. Finally, of all the advertising media, television reaches the widest audience. With a television in nearly every household and the average person watching several hours of television per day, television presents an enormous possibility of born 1785 maid, exposing a product to Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment a large number of essayist born, people. In conclusion, the advantages of television advertising make it by far the most effective advertising medium. First! Since the marketing industry is very competitive, even the smallest advantage can give a company an edge over its competitors. Essayist Born 1785 Marian! Thus, companies with a large advertising budget undoubtedly prefer television to quotes other forms of advertising media. To save advertising dollars, you should try one medium at a time. What works for one product or service may not work for the next.

There are many different variables that can affect the results of an essayist 1785 maid marian, advertising campaign. You will have to test the effectiveness of your message in each medium to find the best vehicle for writing resume cover, promoting your product. Relative impact of different advertising media. Newspapers are generally the cheapest way to reach a mass audience. However, newspapers carry many ads. Essayist 1785 Maid Marian! It is easy for all but the essay indented, largest display ads to get lost in the visual clutter. In any case, remember that newspapers are typically scanned by essayist born 1785 marian, the reader. If an ad is seen at all, the headline will be glimpsed and the copy usually ignored. Magazines offer a slightly better opportunity to catch the reader's attention.

Readers tend to essay read magazines more carefully than they do newspapers, and because magazine ads are placed fewer per page, the competition for the reader's eye is reduced. But magazine ads cost more than newspaper ads. Outdoor and transit advertisements are hard to avoid viewing. But, despite the high visibility factor, no one spends any great amount of time reading them. They are appropriate for very simple messages. Radio offers a dramatic improvement over print advertisements. The listener is captive to the message unless they switch stations or turn the 1785 marian, radio off.

The cost to resume cover reach the same amount of people that a print ad would reach, however, is significantly higher. Television offers the advertiser an opportunity to speak to a captive audience. Television viewers are even more apt to fully #8220;tune into#8221; an advertisement. Born 1785 Maid Marian! The cost, though, of purchasing a television spot is even greater than that of radio. Direct mail has the highest impact of any medium. Your message reaches each recipient in resume cover letter for entry level assistant a personalized way and at a moment they have chosen to consider your message.

The cost of reaching an individual through direct mail can be greater than television, making it the most expensive advertising medium per essayist born 1785 maid, person reached. Price advertising is used when a benefit is being offered to potential customers that is based on england industrialize essay, price points such as special sales or everyday discount rates. Newspapers are the best bet if you are trying to inform a mass audience about a short-term sale or special price offer for a product or service. Newspaper readers are used to looking through the paper for specials. In some papers certain days are dedicated to certain categories.

Advertising a category item on a category day will optimize the number of essayist born, readers you reach even though your competition from resume cover letter other manufacturers or suppliers in essayist born maid your industry will be increased. Pfeffer's Commitment! Radio is a second best bet for price advertising. The effectiveness will be increased if your product or service has consumer recognition in your market. Radio advertising costs more than newspaper advertising, however, and it is more difficult to convey price information in this format without overwhelming the listener. Television is too expensive for essayist born 1785, price advertising. Unless you are mixing a price advertising message with an image-building ad, don't consider this medium.

Direct mail is a real wild card. In order to make this advertising medium cost effective for creative degree, a #8220;price#8221; announcement, you will need to narrow your target audience. Magazines don't offer immediate access to an audience. This may undermine the legitimacy of a special pricing offer, especially if the sale is for essayist 1785 maid marian, a limited period of time. Consumers don't expect price advertising in magazines and are less likely to respond to such ads than if they see them in essay quotes a newspaper. Outdoor and essayist born marian transit displays aren't good for price advertising.

Many of the objections that can be raised for using magazines as announcement vehicles for why did industrialize first, product or service sales can be applied here as well. Image advertising is used when the primary advertising goal is to create company, brand, or product awareness among a group of consumers so that they may be predisposed to making a purchase from you when they are in the market for the type of products or services you sell. Television is probably the best medium for image advertising. The visual action and audio allow viewers to feel involved with television. Essayist Born 1785 Maid Marian! The per person cost to reach viewers through television, which is sex education essay, typically national in its reach, is born marian, very expensive. Indented Quotes! If you are targeting a small, local marketplace, check out the advertising programs offered by 1785 marian, your local cable station. Magazines are not as effective as television as a medium through which to wage an image advertising campaign. London! They are a strong contender, though. The quality of magazine printing offers a nice venue for conveying exciting imagery. The use of essayist, color photography is especially effective in magazine print advertising.

Outdoor and transit displays also rely on powerful photographs for message conveyance. They can be effective for simple image advertising messages. Radio is less effective than magazines and television when used for image advertising. Essay Indented! Radio can't effect the strong photographic impact of print advertising or the born maid marian, drama of television. Newspapers are not always an effective medium for carrying an image ad. The graphic reproduction is poor and the consumer has been conditioned to look at newspaper ads for england industrialize, price announcements, not image messages. If you do use newspapers as vehicles for running image advertising, make sure your ad space is large, perhaps as much as an entire page.

Direct mail is a tricky medium to 1785 use for image advertising. A #8220;junk mail#8221; label is the trap you risk here but it can be effective if it carries an original message and it looks appealing enough to make people interested in why did industrialize reading it. Local service advertising. Local service advertising is used when a service is being offered to consumers within a specific locale or small regional area. Yellow Pages or phone book advertising is the most cost-effective local service advertising medium for many area-specific service businesses. Advertising in the Yellow Pages requires a firm commitment for one year. If you are just starting out in marian business, don't purchase too much ad space.

Wait until you see what kind of results you net over creative bachelor's degree the year. In this medium, your ad can be smaller than your competitors' because you are appealing to essayist maid consumers who are already seeking your type of service. Newspapers can offer a highly effective format for advertising locally available services. Localized papers often run a directory of area tradespeople that readers automatically turn to in search of services. Metropolitan newspapers may group related services, such as educational or computer related services, together on an editorially related page on a specific day each week. Direct mail can be a highly effective medium for developing local service trade. Why Did First! The expense involved in implementing a direct mail campaign, however, may render this medium cost ineffective. Television certainly has impact, but this will be far outweighed by 1785 maid, its expense. Unless your company has an image that must be communicated in essay indented quotes order to attract clientele, such as a dating service might, this isn't a good option. Radio spots are a poor bet for local service business advertising. Use it as a last resort if other mediums don't work for you.

Try to find a station that covers the town or region you serve. Outdoor and transit ads are a good bet for image ads only. While business-to-business marketing efforts should be centered on sales or telemarketing programs, advertising can play an important role in a successful sales effort. Direct mail allows you to target an born 1785, audience comprised of those businesses most likely to cover medical assistant respond favorably to your products or services. Essayist Born 1785 Maid Marian! Your product or service may have a practical application in many industries, but try to limit your mailings to those with the most probable buying potential. Always track your responses. Magazine advertising in trade-specific publications that cater to your industry can be effective. There are hundreds of trade publications that will allow you to Organisational Commitment target your customer base more narrowly and at a lower cost. Radio is a distant third choice for business-to-business advertising. It can be effective if you find a business-only station or a station, such as an all-news one, with a heavy concentration of listeners who are business people.

Yellow Pages can be the best choice for a few business-to-business companies in the service sector, but is totally inappropriate for most others especially product-based businesses. Newspapers aren't generally considered high-impact vehicles for business-to-business advertising. One obvious place to advertise in newspapers is in the business sections of both local and national general and business newspapers. However, most small business won't have much luck attracting responses through these fairly general mediums. Television may work for huge national business-to-business advertisers like airlines, but is unlikely to maid marian work for smaller businesses. Outdoor and transit displays have scant applicability in business-to-business advertising. Direct response advertising.

Direct response advertising is a good cover, used when you want to prompt an immediate response from potential customers. Born 1785 Maid Marian! You want them to make an on-the-spot decision to purchase your product or service directly from essay indented quotes you and not through a retailer or dealer. Essayist 1785 Maid! Direct mail is a good first choice if you are trying to sell a product directly to consumers that is not available through retail outlets. Commitment! It is expensive, but by marian, limiting your target audience to creative writing bachelor's london those most likely to place an order, it can be more effective than using another medium that may create interest but not an overwhelming desire to buy. Television is a remote second choice because it is very expensive. It is no coincidence that most direct response ads you view on television run on weaker networks or local access channels during nonpeak viewing hours. Magazines work well if your industry has a specialty publication that allows you to target a specific audience.

Newspapers aren't particularly effective venues for essayist born 1785 maid, direct response advertisers. Pfeffer's! You do find these types of ads in national magazine supplements to Sunday papers. But don't be fooled into essayist born 1785 thinking this can work for you. Some direct response advertisers who chose the newspaper medium purchase ad space at remnant prices, when the publication has odd ad spaces to fill in at why did england first essay, the last moment. Still others negotiate deals to essayist born 1785 maid buy ads at further reduced rates when the publication can't even find advertisers to place at remnant rates.

Radio can be used, but isn't recommended. Quotes! Very few listeners are likely to write down product or ordering information.

Buy Essay Online -
Essayist born 1785 wrote maid marian Essay Help - Custom paper Help

English Empathic Response Whale Rider. . Whale Rider was a movie produced in 2003, and it is about a girl named Paieka, or Pai. She is the granddaughter of essayist born 1785 maid Nanny Flowers and Koro. In the beginning of the movie, Koro has a good relationship with Pai. He brings her to school everyday by giving her a ride on Pfeffer's, his bike, and essayist 1785 marian, everything is good between them. Later on in the Organisational Commitment movie, Koro is worried about the rest of his people since they are drifting away from the traditions.

People are smoking, the men are drinking and shooting pool, and essayist marian, the children do not take the ancestor celebrations seriously. Koro realizes that there is going to have to be a new leader, but his only option would be to creative writing bachelor's degree, have his granddaughter be leader, which goes against tradition. Pai is determined to prove to Koro that she could be a good leader even though she is female, and throughout the film, she tries to get Koro to acknowledge that she would be the born 1785 maid best option for leader. Koro starts a school for the boys to find out who would be the best leader out of for entry assistant all of the boys in the village. He does numerous things with the boys to train them to be a chief, and Koro is planning to eventually pick the best leader out of everyone that he is teaching. Koro does not allow Pai to learn how to be chief in essayist maid his training school since she isn’t a man. Pai learns how to a good resume, stick fight from her uncle, and eventually defeats a boy in essayist a stick fight. Koro saw this, and writing cover letter, yelled at Pai for it, since that is born 1785, not what women are supposed to essay conclusion, do. Pai later. Words: 978 - Pages: 4. English Empathic Response Whale Rider.

. English – Empathic Response Essay In this empathic response, I will be giving an insight into one of the main characters’ feelings in the book “The Whale Rider” by born maid marian, Witi Ihimaera. This character is Kahu, Koro Apirana’s great-granddaughter. A deep emotional understanding of the text pages 100-102 shall be demonstrated in this text through her perspective. I must save the whale, my sacred ancestor; otherwise everyone that I love will perish. Daddy, Ana, Nani, Rawiri, Paka.

Paka. Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment! Oh, Paka. I plunged into the agitated, frigid waters with only one thought in my mind. I have to take action. If the ancient one dies, every single one of born 1785 us will disappear. That’s what Paka said. Sex Education Essay! I really don’t know what to think. I can’t bear the thought that my dear Paka and my family would cease to exist. I don’t even care about my own fate – as long as they are safe, I’ll be happy. Everything that has happened so far, the two hundred sacred whales dying has led to this – the very whale that our ancestor rode thousands of maid marian years ago has decided to wash up on our shores.

This time, he has the essay intention of self-slaughter, which basically means it’s a sign that we humans are all going to born 1785 maid, die. Right now, nobody is Pfeffer's Organisational, even trying to do something about it. Except for me. I, Kahutia Te Rangi, direct descendant of Paikea, won’t let this happen to my loved ones. I’m going to have to try and save Whangara by sacrificing myself to the whale. If the whale lives, we live.

My line of vision narrowed. Words: 1044 - Pages: 5. . Empathic Essay (draft) I’m disappointed. Really disappointed. Everybody’s congratulating me on my performance. I was so happy before the performance started. My uncle Rawhiri came back from somewhere called Papua New Guinea, and Nani was wearing her ‘vegetable’ hat with the dress that Uncle Rawhiri bought for her, and some lime-green panels to it that made her look “out of this world”, Uncle Rawhiri said.

Which was really funny because the dress was red. My dad was also there. But paka wasn’t. But it didn’t matter, because he could always come later and listen to my speech at the end. The school break-up ceremony was going to be held on a Friday evening, and I had sent out invitations to EVERYBODY in the family, including Koro and his boys to the ceremony. I made sure to maid, remind them to not wear leather jackets to resume cover level assistant, the ceremony, and essayist 1785 maid, especially to NOT park the motorbike in the headmaster’s parking space again.

I was so embraced last year. Creative Degree London! When I saw my uncle and Nani, I asked Nani if I could fix her hat in the back seat, and outside the window, I saw Uncle laughing really hard while I fixed Nani’s hat. I don’t know why he was laughing though, because I didn’t find anything wrong with Nani’s outfit. As it turns out, the correct word was ‘embarrassed’, not ‘embraced’. Whoops.. Born 1785! I was so excited for writing letter the whole performance; with the school choir, skits and gymnastics, and the neat clothes, I wasn’t really paying attention to the words for the invitation. And. Words: 976 - Pages: 4. . Empathic Response – Whale Rider – Kahu In this empathic response, I will be giving an insight into essayist 1785 one of the main characters’ feelings in the book “The Whale Rider” by Witi Ihimaera. Sex Education Conclusion! This character is Kahu, Koro Apirana’s great-granddaughter.

I will be responding to the part in the book, when Kahu rides the whale. “Why? Kahu asked Koro Apirana. ‘Our ancestor wants to die.’ ‘ But why?’ ‘There is no place for it here in 1785 maid this world. The people who commanded it are no longer here.’ He paused. Conclusion! ‘When it dies, we die, I die.’ ‘No, Paka. And if it lives?’ ‘Then we live also.’ I plunged into essayist marian the frigid waters with only sex education, one thought in my mind. I have to take action. If the born ancient one dies, every single one of us will disappear. That’s what Paka said.

I really don’t know what to think. I can’t bear the thought that my dear Paka and my family would cease to exist. I don’t even care about my own fate, as long as they are safe, I’ll be happy. Everything that has happened so far, the two hundred sacred whales dying has led to this, the very whale that our ancestor rode thousands of years ago has decided to wash up on our shores. This time, he has the intention of self-slaughter, which basically means it’s a sign that we humans are all going to die.

Right now, nobody is even trying to do something about Commitment it. Every now and then, I had to take a deep breath because the waves were like dumpers, slamming me down to the sandy bottom. The lights from the beach were dazzling my eyes. Words: 507 - Pages: 3. . Beshara Mashney Professor Adams English 101 H December 4, 2013 Legacy of Paikea You are a product of your own environment. Born Maid! This saying is evident for Paikea in Whale Rider, as she is the only survivor during a birth difficulty and she has to live knowing her loving grandfather is Pfeffer's, upset that the boy hadn’t survived. Environment for individuals are unique and diverse just like snowflakes, there will never be one the same as the other. Essayist Born 1785 Marian! In Whale Rider, environments that are evident in resume cover for entry assistant the film were when Paikea rode the whale, only maid marian, a baby girl was born, and when Koro believed there was no hope for the Apriana family’s continuity. In the whale rider, Paikea was about to leave her hometown until she felt as if the whales were calling back.

Spiritually, she felt destined to stay to resume cover letter for entry level medical, live her legacy. 1785 Maid! When the Apriana family noticed various beached whales washed up on the shore, they all made an extensive effort to try and creative writing bachelor's degree london, drag them back to the water, but all attempts failed. Later, Paikea came and tried to help but Koro told her not to because he thought even her presence was not helping. After Koro and the rest of the marian family left the detrimental scene, Paikea stayed and mounted the why did industrialize essay largest whale. She tried talking to essayist born 1785 maid, the whale and it started to breath and eventually made its way back in the ocean with Paikea, leading the other beached whales. A spiritual environment is happening while she is riding the letter medical assistant whale in the sea. “My name is Paikea Apirana, and 1785 maid, I come from a. Words: 1041 - Pages: 5. . order, a relatively large degree of freedom. Back to search results right Baidu fixed ranking Merchants site, Baidu promotion column. Businesses as long as the regular payment of the appropriate keywords and the cost of qualifying can display its information in the right side of Baidu search results hyperlink. * PPC - PPC is the top principle in accordance with the high bid to buy the same keywords website rank higher auction site will appear in the search results when the user submits the first corresponding keyword retrieval page compared to the former location of a way to promote. The search engine billing in accordance with the traffic on the website.

PPC results with the search results are displayed simultaneously on the left side of the essayist 1785 maid search page, for the purchase of the corresponding keyword ranking businesses, the why did england industrialize first essay product information, the URL link will appear in essayist born maid marian the first few search results and related information to the right below the promotion is presented. * Wireless the search - wireless search is Organisational, a general term based mobile web search technology. Users can search through SMS, wireless application protocol, interactive voice response and essayist maid, other access methods, access to information on Pfeffer's Organisational, the Internet and mobile value-added services and 1785 maid marian, local information, such as information services. Users can also select the cover for entry search results and born, customized mobile value-added services. The emergence of wireless search, really break the limitations of geographical, network and. Words: 913 - Pages: 4. . Whale Rider In the novel The Whale Rider, by Witi Ihimaera, we learn about the Maori tribe from Whangara of New Zealand.

They believe that the first person to come to conclusion, their land was brought by a whale. Essayist Born 1785 Maid! They believe that this man was the Whale Rider. Being the Whale Rider is the passing of the tribal torch of Organisational Commitment leadership. When a girl is born, the essayist born marian first grandchild of resume cover for entry level that generation, her great-grandfather Koro is terribly disappointed. He doesn't acknowledge the possibility that she could be the one to take over leadership. However, even though Kahu is a girl, she was born with the gifts known to tribal heritage, such as being able to talk to the whales. 1785 Maid Marian! Kahu is the eldest great-grandchild of Koro. Unfortunately, because Kahu is quotes, a female her great-grandfather has no interest in her because he is only focused on finding the next leader of the tribe. Born Maid! Kahu showers Koro with love, but does so continuously dismissing her abilities.

Kori stays focused on continuing his classes for the males in cover letter the tribe and searches for “the one”. Spirited, young spirited Kahu, is also a member of the Maori tribe of Whangara but is not eligible for head role. Essayist Born 1785 Maid! Although being the great-grandchild of Koro means she should be able to overtake the leadership of the tribe, but unfortunately the tradition imagines a boy for this position. Therefore, she is not allowed to follow her determination or display her gifts. This situation leads to constant conflict with Koro who would surely have preferred a. Words: 622 - Pages: 3. . Blue Whale Whales are separated into Commitment two groups, the baleen and the toothed whales.

The blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived on earth, including the dinosaurs. Baleen is made of keratin, the same material as our fingernails. They live in pods, they have two blowholes. The blue whale has about 2-14 inch thick layer of blubber. Essayist 1785 Marian! They are one of seventy-six species and are marine mammals. Blue whales grow up to about eighty feet long on an average, weighing about one hundred-twenty tons. The females are generally larger than the males; this is the case for all whales. The largest whale that was found was a female.

She was ninety-four feet long weighing more than one hundred-seventy four ton. Indented Quotes! The head of the blue whale forms up to a quarter of the total body length. Compared to other whales, the head is very broad. The blue whale’s heart is the born 1785 maid size of a small car and can pump almost ten tons of Commitment blood throughout the born maid body. They have very small dorsal fins that are located near the fluke, or tail. Blue whales have long, thin flippers eight feet long and flukes that are twenty five feet wide.

The blue whales skin is usually blue-gray with white-gray spots. The underbelly has brown, yellowish-gray specks. During the winter in the cold water diatoms stick to the underbelly, giving it a yellow to silver to sulfur colored sheen, the blue whale is Pfeffer's Commitment, nick-named Sulfur Bottom. Other names include Sibbalds Rorqual and essayist born 1785 maid, Great Northern Rorqual. Blue whales like all baleen whales. Words: 968 - Pages: 4. . Douglas Salayka Prof.

Major Easy Rider Easy rider was a film I couldn’t understand. I have to say I didn't like it. I somewhat respect what the film did for the industry but still I cant full respect it for the scenes of them having sex at the graveyard. That was a bit to much for me. The movie starts out with a cocaine deal, The 2 main characters then wanted to use the money and jet. The scenes of industrialize essay them riding around on born maid marian, motorcycles used music from the time like Born to be wild. At that time it was very new to be using tracks like that in films. For that reason I give the movie bonus points because it did something nobody ever really did at the time. So the 2 men on the road trip find themselves in all sorts of creative writing trouble. The film actually used real drugs in the scenes that depicted them using cocaine and marijuana. To me that's crazy, but I know Dennis hopper had to do with this as he was a user at the time.

I even read that Jack Nicholson actually came out and said it was real marijuana that he smoked. In class we touched upon why Jack Nicholson died but the other men didn't. Born 1785 Maid! I think we came to letter level medical assistant, a consensus that it was just luck that they survived a bit longer but I still don't get that. Essayist Born Maid! The biggest thing I want to resume cover level medical assistant, talk about is the maid drug tripping scene in the graveyard. Hopper didn't get permission or anything to film there and they were basically having sex on the tombstone of a dead child. If something like this happened now the media would be all over conclusion, it saying how. Words: 449 - Pages: 2. Things Fall Apart and Whale Rider Essay. . “By comparing the 2 texts you have studied, how do they reflect the concerns of their time?” Texts are shaped by the concerns of their time and the comparison of texts provides an extensive insight into these ideologies.

With the born marian consideration of resume for entry assistant Chinua Achebe’s novel ‘Things Fall Apart’ (1958) and Niki Caro’s film ‘Whale Rider’ (2003) in tandem, the essayist maid similarity in essay their didactic principles of the condemnation of ethnocentrism explores the impact of European imperialism upon Ibo and essayist marian, Maori societies. Both texts also criticise the suppression of females in the patriarchal view of the tribes, emphasizing the significance of gender recognition and together, they delineate the concerns that arise from 1900s colonialism Within Things Fall Apart (TFA), Achebe reprimands the england subservience of traditional Nigerian Ibo culture through colonialism in the context of the nation’s independence in born 1785 maid marian 1960. Pfeffer's! Presenting the loss of traditions resulting from imperialism, Achebe deliberately includes William Yeats’ “The Second Coming” in essayist born marian the epigraph to the novel as a foreshadowing of the imminent collapse of the Ibo tribe, thus immediately establishing the Greek tragedy convention. His use of proverbs where they are the “palm-oil which words are eaten” is an allegory that captures the intricacy of Ibo language, emending the essay European portrait of a ‘savage’ Africa which was a notion popularized at the time by born maid marian, Joseph Conrad’s “The Heart of Darkness” (1899). Furthermore, Achebe juxtaposes the.

Words: 937 - Pages: 4. . The Whiteness of the Whale In Moby Dick, Herman Melville uses several examples of imagery to support the meaning of the color white. Because of this imagery, the formalist criticism can be used to further analyze the text. Formalism analyzes texts under the assumption that we will only understand a text within the writing’s own form. The imagery of the “whiteness of the whale” consumes the entire 42nd chapter of Moby Dick. Because white, in many cultures, is associated with beauty and goodness, Melville talks about the images of white marbles and essay quotes, pearls and how the essayist born 1785 marian whiteness these objects make them more desirable. Not only does white depict beauty but it is also a symbol of power and dominance. For example Melville refers to the color white as the “imperial color”, mentioning white man’s dominance over “every dusky tribe”. To further illustrate the “goodness” of whiteness Melville relates the color to writing bachelor's degree london, the “innocence of brides”, and the divineness of the wild white horse. Another attribute Melville associates with whiteness is “holiness”, mentioning that all priests wear. Born Maid! The color white symbolizes many different positive characteristics throughout this chapter. Melville mentions the association between this color and Pfeffer's Commitment, traits like innocence, purity, and goodness.

Immediately after discussing the goodness of essayist born 1785 maid marian whiteness, he identifies that the color can also have a negative connotation. The color white also serves as a serious contradiction in itself as it makes things that are. Words: 510 - Pages: 3. . The Whiteness of the Whale In Moby Dick, Herman Melville uses several examples of imagery to support the meaning of the creative writing bachelor's london color white. Because of this imagery, the formalist criticism can be used to further analyze the text. Formalism analyzes texts under the assumption that we will only understand a text within the writingaˆ™s own form. The imagery of the aˆ?whiteness of the whaleaˆ? consumes the entire 42nd chapter of Moby Dick. Because white, in many cultures, is associated with beauty and goodness, Melville talks about the images of white marbles and pearls and how the whiteness these objects make them more desirable. Maid! Not only does white depict beauty but it is also a symbol of quotes power and dominance. 1785! For example Melville refers to the color white as the aˆ?imperial coloraˆ?, mentioning white manaˆ™s dominance over aˆ?every dusky tribeaˆ?. To further illustrate the aˆ?goodnessaˆ? of whiteness Melville relates the color to the aˆ?innocence of cover letter for entry level assistant bridesaˆ?, and the divineness of the wild white horse.

Another attribute Melville associates with whiteness is essayist born marian, aˆ?holinessaˆ?, mentioning that all priests wear. The color white symbolizes many different positive characteristics throughout this chapter. Melville mentions the association between this color and traits like innocence, purity, and a good resume cover letter, goodness. Immediately after discussing the goodness of whiteness, he identifies that the color can also have a negative connotation. The color white also serves as a serious contradiction in itself.

Words: 510 - Pages: 3. . 1. New Zealand is an island located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean, not far away from Australia. The Polynesians settled down in New Zealand some time during 1250-1300 CE. They developed a culture which they called Maori. Maori became and essayist born 1785 maid marian, is today a unique culture, hence the importance of their own language, mythology and also performing arts. After the Europeans arrived to New Zealand, Maori got strongly influenced by the Western culture but remained to keep traditions and resume letter, a part of the old form. 2. Paikea Paikea Apirana also known as Pai is the main character in the movie. The eleven year old girl is 1785 marian, a strong individual - during her mother’s birth of them both, she was the only one who survived. She grew up living with her grandparents and other close family members.

They’re apart of the Maori culture and her grandfather is the traditional chief of the community. First Essay! Paikea’s twin brother was supposed to be the perceived chosen one, but because of the loss, her grandfather has to find a new leader. Paikea has to face a challenge all of a sudden, her father comes to visit the family. He’s been living in Germany as an artist. She has the opinion to leave and born 1785, live with her father in Germany but she chooses to stay because she felt like they needed her at home. She wants to show her grandfather that this is what she really wants, to become the Chief.

The way she does that is she shows love for sex education essay her community, respect for essayist 1785 nature, her ancestors and the faith of their. Words: 485 - Pages: 2. . HRS 151: World Mythology Study guide, Whale Rider 1. Writing Letter! Who is Paikea (Pai), and what is the significance of her name? What are the circumstances of her birth? What is her lineage? If she’d been a boy, what role would she have been expected to play in the life of born 1785 marian her tribe?

2. Who is writing a good cover, Koro? What is his role in the tribe? How does that role affect the way he lives his life, especially his relationships with other members of his family? 3. Who is Porourangi? What choices has he made about how to live his life? Do any of his choices reflect a desire to honor Maori traditions? 4. Essayist 1785 Maid Marian! Who is Rawiri?

How does his life symbolize the situation of many modern Maori people? What other characters symbolize this situation? 5. Sex Education Essay Conclusion! Discuss the symbolism of: a. the scene with the 1785 boat motor b. Porourangi’s waka c. Koro’s reiputa d. the final scene 6. Discuss how this passage from Pai’s speech embodies the themes of Whale Rider: “I broke the line back to the ancient ones. It wasn't anybody's fault, it just happened. But we can learn. Organisational! And if knowledge is given to everyone, we can have lots of leaders. And soon everyone will be strong, not just the ones that have been chosen. Because sometimes, even if you're the leader and you need to be strong, you can get tired like our ancestor Paikea when he was lost at sea and he couldn't find the land and he probably wanted to die. But he knew the ancient ones were there for him so he called out to them to lift him up and give. Words: 297 - Pages: 2. . Easy Riders, Raging Bulls Sex. Drugs.

Rock and Roll. Three simple words that helped shaped an born, era that brought some of the greatest movies, such as The Godfather, Jaws, and The Taxi Driver. In the book Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, by indented quotes, Peter Biskind takes us on 1785, a bumpy and wild ride of the creative era that challenged new ideas to young filmmaker’s that stimulated an edgier movie industry. This book is compelled of hundreds of interviews, with directors, stars, agents, and even one night stands. It tells the maid marian up close and sex education, personal story in born 1785 marian way that celebrities never talked about writing a good resume cover drugs, sex, and money and the repercussions. Easy Riders, Raging Bulls is born, remarkable in the way that gave us an Pfeffer's, understanding and marian, behind the scenes of Hollywood’s last golden age. “The 70s were the first time that a kind of age restriction was lifted.

Young people were allowed to come rushing in with all of their naivete and their wisdom and the privileges of youth. It was just an bachelor's london, avalanche of new ideas, which is why the 70s were such a watershed” (Biskind 15). A small low budget biker movie made in 1969 sparked the new era of movies, known as Easy Rider. This movie was a shock but a huge success to maid, Hollywood for the fact it was made with drugs, booze, and violent rivalry. Once Easy Rider was successful a new breed of sex education conclusion directors were in demand, such as Francis Coppola, Peter Bogdanovich, George Lucas, and Martin Scorsese.

This book contains so much research and essayist 1785 marian, extensive interviews of not only the directors.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Essayist born 1785 who wrote maid marian

How to Write an Evaluation Paper with Sample Essays. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and born 1785 maid easier. Evaluation essays are just like reviews. They judge whether something is good or bad, better or worse than something comparable. We are familiar with this sort of writing if we've read book, movie, restaurant, or product reviews. Evaluation papers can be serious or funny, earnest or sarcastic. We all love to read the review of a really bad movie or restaurant experience. If you like to write satire, this can be a great opportunity to essay indented display your humor.

Chances are you will have a great time, and so will your reader. Your topic can be something you've experienced once or many times. Born 1785 Marian! Keep in mind that you will write a better paper if you: Have a strong opinion—positive or negative—about this topic. Choose something you've experienced recently or that you can review again before you write your paper.

Know a lot about this type of experience. Use the london, following list of categories to brainstorm ideas for what you might want to evaluate. Finding Criteria for Evaluation Essays. To turn your opinion into an evaluation, you will need to use criteria to judge your subject. What are criteria? Criteria are the parts of your topic that you will judge as good or bad, better or worse than something else. How can you find criteria? Criteria are the born 1785 maid marian, parts of the thing you are evaluating. Pfeffer's Commitment! Here are some examples of criteria: movie criteria : plot, actors, scenery, score, directing, chemistry between actors, humor. restaurant criteria: service, atmosphere, food quality, taste, value, price. website criteria: ease of navigation, design, visuals, writing, content.

Finding the best criteria for your evaluation: In order to do this kind of writing well, you need to essayist maid determine what sort of a topic you are evaluating. If it is a movie, then what genre is it: horror, romance, drama, etc.? Then you need to cover letter for entry level medical decide what would make an excellent movie in that genre in your opinion. Essayist Born 1785 Marian! For example, you may decide that a good romantic comedy has to have three things: humor, surprising plot twists, and actors you enjoy getting to know. Why Did England First Essay! Next, you will evaluate the essayist born maid, movie you have chosen to see how well it matches those criteria, giving specific examples of how it does or does not fulfill your expectations of an excellent romantic comedy. In order to writing cover letter evaluate something, you need to compare it with the best example of that particular thing. So, to help you develop your topic into 1785, an essay, there are two important questions to ask when you are choosing your topic to evaluate: First question: What category of a thing is creative writing degree, it? Second question: What is the 1785 maid, ideal example of something in that category? What category is it?

For the best evaluation essay, you want to writing compare your topic with things that are very similar, so try to essayist 1785 maid narrow the category as much as possible. Commitment! To get there, you want to keep on asking the question, What kind is it? What category does McDonald's fit into? Answer to born 1785 maid marian first question : Restaurant. (What kind of Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment restaurant?) Fast food restaurant. (Better, but what kind of essayist born 1785 marian fast food?) Hamburger-serving fast food restaurant. (This is what you want!) So if you were evaluating McDonald's, you would want to essay compare it to essayist other fast food restaurants that mostly serve hamburgers. Now the second question: What is the ideal example of something in that category? What makes that example better than others? Thinking about what you consider to be the a good resume cover, very best example of 1785 maid something in the category of what you are reviewing can help you decide what criteria you will use, and also what judgement you can make. For example, here is a list of criteria my students have come up with for Commitment an ideal burger fast food restaurant: looks clean serves food fast makes it easy to order has great fries has options on the menu offers large drinks with free refills serves juicy burgers with lots of grease doesn't cost a lot of 1785 money.

No two people will come up with exactly the same list, but most restaurant reviews look at england first essay, the following criteria: Answer to second question: A great fast food burger joint offers great service, atmosphere, and food at a fair cost. Now you know what your paper is going to be about how close McDonald's comes to this ideal. Is This an Effective Advertisement? Using the list of criteria above, we can make a very fast outline for an essay about an imaginary fast food hamburger restaurant called Bob's Burgers: Thesis Statement : While you may have to wait a while to get your meal at Bob's Burgers, that is because everyone finds the essayist 1785 marian, meal is worth the wait; Bob's Burgers offers not only great service, but a fun atmosphere for resume letter medical assistant eating with friends or family, terrific food, and a good value for the price.

Topic sentence for paragraph 1: Service : Bobs Burgers offers great service that makes you feel at home. Food served quickly Easy to order Friendly Not pushy They get the order correct. Topic sentence for paragraph 2: Atmosphere : Walking into Bob's, you know you will enjoy eating there. Looks clean Attractive colors Interesting pictures or other decorations Comfortable tables and chairs. Topic sentence for paragraph 3: Food: Most importantly, Bob's burgers are the born maid, best in town. Juicy burgers with lots of grease Many choices for toppings, including grilled onions, mushrooms, and peppers Small or large burgers Have great fries One downside: No options for those who don't like burgers. Topic sentence for Pfeffer's Organisational paragraph 4: Value : While Bob's doesn't have the cheapest meals, they do offer a good value for essayist maid marian the price. Quality ingredients Burgers and why did england essay fries fill you up Toppings on burgers are free Large drinks with free refills.

Using this quick outline, most of you could probably write your own essay on Bob's or another fast food hamburger joint pretty easily. Comparison/Contrast: Evaluate your subject by essayist born maid, comparing it to one of the best of that genre (use something everyone would know to save time). You will not do an extended comparison, but just use the comparison as a lead-off into Organisational Commitment, your own judgment. 1785 Maid Marian! Expectations Unfulfilled: This is especially easy to do for Pfeffer's Commitment this essay type. Use the intro to describe what you were anticipating before seeing the subject, then describe how the subject was either better or worse than you expected. Frame : Use a description of the subject to frame the essay. That way you get right into the action. Then break off half-way through to keep your reader in essayist born 1785 suspense.

Give your evaluation and then conclude with the end of why did essay your frame. Define Genre and essayist marian Compare: In this essay, you would start out by describing the typical expectations of whatever subject you have (ex: rock album, romantic movie, baseball game, jazz club). Essay! After describing the “typical,” you will then tell how your subject either exemplifies the genre or deviates from the norm. Probably this type of organization is essayist 1785, best used for a satire or for a subject that deliberately tries to break out of the normal expectations of that genre. Analysis by Criteria: In this type of paper, you introduce the subject, tell why you are evaluating it, what the why did england first essay, competition is, and how you gathered your data.

Then you order your criteria chronologically, spatially, or in order of born 1785 maid marian importance. Essay Quotes! Chronological Order : You might use this for all or part of 1785 maid your paper. Quotes! It means telling what happened in the order it happened. This is essayist, particularly useful for a performance or restaurant review. Causal Analysis: This measures the effect on the audience. How does this subject cause a certain effect?

Analysis Focused on the Visual: This organization plan works well for analyzing works of art and pictures. The analysis focuses on composition, arrangement, focus, foreground and background, symbols, cultural references, and key features of creative bachelor's degree that visual genre. It also notices the born maid, tools of the artist: color, shape, texture, pattern, and media. This paper analyzes these details in essay conclusion order to explain how they are related to essayist born 1785 maid marian the cultural and historical context of the work of art and then tells how they relate to the overall meaning of the piece. Resume Letter For Entry Level Assistant! Be sure to evaluate if and why this piece is effective or ineffective. Analysis Focused on the Social Context or the Story : This type of evaluation takes an image and analyzes how it is effective for a particular point. Essayist Born 1785 Marian! Usually, the image is about a controversial or emotionally charged cultural or historical event. Your analysis can describe how this image either demonstrates or contributes to the emotion or debate surrounding the conclusion, event. It may be that the 1785 maid marian, image is ironic or misleading. The only problem with our example above is that it is writing a good resume cover, so easy to born 1785 marian write, and so it might seem rather trite and a good letter unoriginal. How can you make your essay stand out?

Describe vividly, using interesting verbs, adjectives, and essayist born 1785 maid adverbs. Make the reader feel that they have been to the restaurant with you. Use the introduction and conclusion to entice the reader. Introduction and Conclusion Ideas. Use a conversation about the food. Start with your expectations and end with your actual experience (telling whether it met expectations or overturned them). Talk about popularity or history of the restaurant. Use statistics of people eating fast food more.

Discuss the controversy about fast food and obesity and health. See the Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment, chart below for more ideas. How to Connect Introduction and essayist born 1785 Conclusion. 1. Present the Subject in an Interesting Way. Give the right amount of detail : Be sure to explain clearly what it is and provide enough information for the reader to writing a good resume cover agree with your judgment. Sometimes movie reviews leave the reader in suspense as to the outcome of the story. You will have to decide what you want to tell. Help readers agree with your evaluation : One reason people like reviews is because they help them decide whether they would like that subject themselves, so make sure to give your reader enough details to essayist born 1785 marian decide if they agree. Write a review rather than a summary: Make sure that the summary of the subject is no more than a third of your paper. The main part of creative bachelor's degree london your paper is supposed to be the evaluation, not the summary. It is 1785 marian, possible to do the summary separately and then do the evaluation, or you can summarize as part of your evaluation.

Make sure what you are evaluating is clear: It is often effective to use an introduction which describes the why did first, subject or gets the reader involved in the action quickly. 2. Make a Clear, Authoritative Judgment (2/3 of born 1785 maid marian paper) Thesis sentence should tell exactly what you think. Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment! You might want to foreshadow your body by including the main reasons for your evaluation in born marian that thesis sentence. (Ex: The movie XXX is perfect for a college student's study break because of the hilarious comedy, intense action, and writing a good resume cover letter fantastic visual effects.) Define the born 1785 marian, audience you are addressing and the genre of the subject (in the above example, the audience is college students and the genre is england industrialize essay, action comedy). Create a three-column-log to help you make notes for your paper. Separate your notes into three columns for essayist born 1785 maid criteria, evidence, and judgment. Pick at least three criteria to Pfeffer's Commitment talk about in born 1785 maid marian your essay.

For example, for Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment a mystery play, it could be three of the following: plot, setting, costumes, acting of main characters, acting of minor characters, the essayist born 1785 marian, pace of the action, or the unveiling of the mystery. Be opinionated! Passionate reviews are always more interesting to read. Indented! Use vivid nouns and engaging verbs. Have a strong judgment about how this subject is born, either better or worse than similar subjects. Essay Conclusion! Your judgment can be mixed. For example, you might say the concert on the mall was a good mix of bands and that the new songs from the main act were energetically played, but that the sound equipment was poorly set up and essayist maid marian tended to make it hard to hear the singers. Order the sex education conclusion, body paragraphs from least to most important.

Back up your opinions with concrete examples and convincing evidence. 3. 1785! Argue for essay Your Judgment. As you state each of your judgments, you need to give reasons to back them up that are specific, interesting, and convincing. 1785! For evidence, describe the writing a good, subject, quote, use personal anecdotes, or compare and essayist 1785 contrast with a similar subject. In some cases it is effective to counter-argue, if you disagree with what most people think. For example, if your subject is very popular and you think it is terrible, you may want to state what most people think and tell why you disagree. This exercise is intended to help you prepare to write your paper. As you answer these questions, you will generate ideas that you can use for your paper. What is the topic (subject) you are going to evaluate?

Do a short description of it in a list or paragraph. What category is your topic? Be as specific and narrow as possible. Who might be interested in this? This is your audience for the paper. What does this audience already know? What do they want or expect from this thing? (This can help you develop criteria) What criteria can you use for cover letter for entry assistant evaluating your topic? (Think of what is most important, or what can be either good or bad, or what parts there are of your topic) What did you expect before you experienced your topic? How did your experience either fulfill or reverse your expectations?

In your evaluation of your topic, what is good? In your evaluation of your topic, what is not as good? What is the best example of something in born your topic? (Or what other things can you use to compare your topic with?). How does your topic compare to the best of this sort of thing? If I had to put my evaluation in a single sentence, I would say: Look at “How to Write and Evaluation Essay” Organization Strategies. Resume Cover Letter For Entry! Which of these will you use? Explain how you will use it.

Introduction/Conclusion ideas: Which of these will work best for you? frame story, scenario, expectations unfulfilled, conversation, vivid scene, statistics and evidence, describe social context or historical period, describe popular trend for the subject, define the genre, personal story, quote from someone (often someone who disagrees with you), analogy, compare and contrast. Born Maid! How will you use this introduction and conclusion idea in your essay? Now write a brief outline of creative bachelor's your paper (see hamburger example above). Most of us can tackle a writing project more easily after talking about our ideas. Instructors may have you work in groups to talk out your ideas. I've even had some students turn on their webcam and answer these questions while videotaping themselves! If your instructor doesn't have you work in a group, you can get together with some friends to answer the following questions and take notes to help you get ideas for your paper.

Take turns in your group. The main goal is to help one another prepare to born 1785 write. Pay special attention to helping each other describe their subject vividly and make their evaluation clear and precise. Also, look for good ways to organize papers. Tell your subject to why did england first essay your group. Let the group respond and tell you what they know about essayist born marian, it or what they would expect. You write down their answers.

Explain your subject. Have your group ask questions (someone else can record for Organisational you if you want). Explain your criteria for judging it (#5 in pre-writing). Have the group respond. Essayist 1785 Maid! Do these seem like the best criteria? Any other suggestions? Tell your group your one-sentence evaluation (this is your thesis). Get suggestions for how to make is more effective. Look at the different “Organization Suggestions” on the “Basic Features of an Evaluation Paper.” What type of Pfeffer's Organisational Commitment organization would work best for this paper? Try to write a simple outline.

100 Expository Essay Topic Ideas, Writing Tips, and essayist maid marian Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 22. 100 Easy Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas with Research Links and Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 32. How to essay Write Cause and Effect Essays. by Virginia Kearney 5. 50 Critical Analysis Paper Topics.

by Virginia Kearney 4. 100 Cause and Effect Essay Topics. by Virginia Kearney 37. Easy Words to Use as Sentence Starters to Write Better Essays. by Virginia Kearney 127.

Thank you for essayist born marian this its really helped with my college English class. thank you gave a better explanation that my professor. Thanks! This is essay indented, helpful. Virginia Kearney 8 months ago from United States. That is an born 1785 maid marian, interesting idea Lili. I've just created a video game character, then I made 3 seperate animations that shows her personality using only visuals, and Organisational now I have it evaluate it. I've never written an evaluation before but this helped get me started, wish me luck! Virginia Kearney 13 months ago from United States.

Hi Janelle! I have lots of information on topic ideas and how to write different types of Freshman English essays. I wrote these over essayist, my 24 years of teaching and publish them here to help other instructors, especially those who are just starting out. Many students find my essays on their own but I welcome instructors using links to england first essay my material, but please do not post the information to your own website or print out my information. Thank you for this. I am teaching a Freshman Comp class in college, and I'll use some of essayist this material to teach an evaluation essay of some kind. I will be writing my essay on the gender inequality. I am trying to evaluate a hotel. Evaluating a TED talks presentation/speech. Lily Galindo 2 years ago. Reviewing a technological device - the Kindle Keyboard 3G. :)

askformore lm 2 years ago. Thank you for a very interesting and useful hub. Thumbs up! Arif 4 years ago from creative writing Bangladesh. wow!! amazing really. I should develop my hub just like you :) FilipinoHeart 4 years ago. Thank you for this very accessible and useful information. Born 1785 Maid Marian! Cheers! :)

Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from sex education essay United States. Thanks DVKR--I think this is one of the easier essays to write because we are all familiar with the review. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.

HubPages and born Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on a good letter, affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.